Bottomed out pins

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by 619bowguy, Jun 23, 2018.

1. 619bowguy

619bowguy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up a 2018 PSE drive package. I've sighted it in but I feel my last pin (60 yrds) just needs to be moved down the have a true sight. I'm looking to hunt fall turkey. And 60 I've only been using 60 yards for 3d.

My question is if im able yo move the whole sight down and re adjust, Will I need to change anything else.

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about pins or your nock point, d-loop, rest, etc?

Assuming you're talking about only your sight; your horizontal axis should not change but all the verticals will need adjusted. Also, watch for fletch clearance- when I put my Fast Eddy on, I got to 85 yards and I thought I was totally set. Figured, what the heck, I'll throw one out there to 100. The arrow corkscrewed into the dirt at about 60 yards. Went up to the arrow and found one vane was stripped off. Looked over my bow, and figured out the sight ring was so low it prevented fletch clearance. The vane had hit the bottom of the ring and stripped off. Lucky I was using field tips when I discovered this.

CToutdoorsman likes this.