Black gold sights

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mvksalsbury, Feb 5, 2018.

1. mvksalsbury

mvksalsbury Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Can I get some opinions on the ascent verdict sight, single pin specifically

Sent from my SM-G950W using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of verdicts in three three pin version that I had build. They been from the sub arctic to the Mexican boarder in hunts with me in the last two years. They are a high quality light weight sight.

3. doublea17

doublea17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just put one on my bow. Haven't hunted with it yet. Turkey season will be my first season with it but so far I'm liking it. I shot through
    chrono at the shop and put that tape on it then sighted it in at 20-60 and it was the right tape.

4. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have a 3 pin. Used it for about 4 years and it developed a rattle. Ended up having to send it back to BG 5 times before they finally got it sorted. On the one hand I really liked the sight but on the other I am very annoyed they took that many times to figure it out.

5. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s a great sight, well built, and bright pins. Their customer service is tough to beat.

SCFox

6. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did the rattle turn out to be the fibers in the photo chromatic case? I would hear them when I shot but couldn't get it to rattle by shaking it. Took forever to figure it out.

7. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No it was something to do with the dovetail where the housing is mounted to the derlin rail. They basically replaced everything one at a time and would send it back to because supposedly they couldn’t hear it. Finally they replaced that and it was fine after that.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am a big fan of Black Gold sights. I recently had both an HHA XL-5519 and Black Gold Ascent single pin. The HAHA was brighter but I like the forward wheel of the BG much better, I liked not having to use spacers for close quiver mounting, and it just looks better to me. But I would take either again without question.

9. batemans

batemans Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have owned/shot one for two yrs now, awesome sight!! No problems, easy adjustment, the photochromatic housing works well for outside shooting and have found no need for a light indoors. Overall very well built and would recomend.