Black Gold Ascent Verdict 3

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Joe Lorensen, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Joe Lorensen

Joe Lorensen Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got this sight installed and a baseline 20 yd pin zeroed in the back yard. Headed to the range today to zero in 30 and 40. I had to fight the wind a lot today, but overall I give this sight a 4.5 out of 5. Fit and finish is nice, all aluminum construction is nice, sight pins are nice and bright (there is also a photo-chromatic housing to keep the pins looking sharp in the bright sun...it turns an interesting shade of purple). This sight is quite adjustable for windage, elevation and around a "3rd axis", and the slider has no slop. My one complaint......my set of hex keys did not fit the screws on the individual pins for fine adjustments.....1/16 too small and 5/64 too big......unfortunately, I was at a range 30 minutes away, so I didn't get things completely zeroed. When I got home, I found a hex bit from my gunsmithing tools fit well, so I'll be headed back to the range at a later date.

All in all, I feel this sight is well worth the $$$, and should work nicely as a bowhunting slider.

BuckHunterUnlimited likes this.
  2. Firek920

Firek920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear just placed an order for one yesterday.

3. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same hex issue. I believe they are metric, so standard has a gap.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. DWitt

DWitt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I figured the 5/64 actually ended up fitting it. I first thought it didn't fit, didn't have a 1/16 so ended up driving to the store to get a kit of both standard and metric and realized when I got back, neither fit and it was 5/64...just a snug fit.

I just got mine with my new RX3 on Monday and somehow have not had time until this morning to actually shoot. I got the 20 dialed in like you but will have to make a trip to get the 30 and 40 sighted in so I can start shooting longer distance to get the right tape figured out.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have two three pin Ascents Verdicts,with the micro adjust revenge heads, both three pins. I have had them built 19, 10, 10 all green...I set it up at 25, 35, 45 and float my middle pin. I also have revenge that is normally on my primarily whitetail bow for the year, its a four pin all green 19, 19, 10, 10...I set that 20 to 50