Best Cover Scent?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Seubank, Sep 4, 2012.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with some of the others...best cover scent is to minimize your scent to as little as possible.

2. captain71

captain71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use vanilla for cover scent it works for me.

3. Pistolarrows

Pistolarrows Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Pistolarrows Custom Scent's (Best Cover Scent)

Hello Seubank,

The best cover scent is a cover scent from your hunting area, Pistolarrows Custom Scent's has done just this ! it is a all natural cover scent from your hunting area. Deer have some of the best known noises in the field. Humans have around 5 million scepters and can smell the difference in a orange or apple or can tell if you smoked a cigarette. Deeer have around 296 million scepters and can smell up to 9 different scents at a time. It would be like going to a buddys house that has two dogs and you can smell them, well its his environment so he cant tell the difference. So covering yourself with the animals environment does not alert them to a threating scent. check out pistolarrows.net and see for yourself. They have regional blends based on ecology maps from years of studies from your hunting area ! I personally have tried it and not only does it work awesome and is totally 100 % organic it smells great as well. I took some and put it in a candle that is meant for smell good stuff around the house and it burnt off the scent from my area. worked great, hope this gives you some insight on what works best and how a deer's noise works ;)

4. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most cover scents act as a masking scent. I think all we can really do is minimize the full effect of our own scent. I also think that an animal has a greater propensity to smell your breath more than anything else. Ever notice the steam in winter as you breath? The scent I use when putting clothes into storage is just one of those earth scent wafers and that cover up scent that smells like vanilla. I also use a spray scent as a wind indicator, not talcum powder. That way, cover or masking scent travels downwind of you.

5. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that one needs to start by eliminating as much of their scent as they possibly can but then I apply Evercalm . Nothing better than sitting in the woods trying to find deer and then having deer trying to find you :)

6. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just use that Under Armor lava scent eliminator and that seems to work fine. Got a couple bottles at the end of the season a while back for cheap. Work good though.

7. Aubie923

Aubie923 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1 on the Evercalm. I tried it last year. Most deer stop to investigate where you rubbed on the bushes or trees walking to your stand.

8. BOWHUNTANDLIVE

BOWHUNTANDLIVE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used the bleached bones of bridge trolls smashed into a fine powder. I mix the powder with the finest quality unicorn urines. And simply inject it into my heart. Or I'll just pray about it....

Oh C'mon that was funny...

I use Lowes whitetail scents "Buck Butter" Its a lot like ever calm but different application. Good news here is.....every post before mine was exactly right!! Whatever the answer is it works for them..and if my unicorn piss concoction worked it would be what I plugg. good luck and keep life fun!!

9. Legion_Edge

Legion_Edge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I tried nose jammer and I didn't spook any deer away from me for sent reason. I had 4 does come directly downwind from me last year and I wasn't really focused there because of the wind and here them cross the river. So I'm pretty happy with it.