2018 NFL Season

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BowCommander, Jun 17, 2018.

1. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any early predictions on the 2018 NFL Season? Sleeper teams that are going to be surprisingly good or bad?

I think Carolina & Atlanta will be better than expected, but with Philadelphia and LA Rams being the two best teams in the NFC. I think the Cowboys are going to pay for losing Witten and Dez and not giving much thought to their replacements and will finally realize Dak is not the long-term solution at quarterback. In the AFC I have Pittsburgh going 15-1 and winning the conference in a landslide.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Go Pack Go soon to be 14 time world champions.

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Brady has a down year. Tension with Bill, Gronk half checked out, and he hinted at retirement for the first time ever when it’s always been “Im playing till at least 45”. This may be the end of footballs greatest dynasty. At least we can hope.

The NFC teams are all gonna be very competitive. I think the Rams get everyone excited and lose in the divisional round. I think the Eagles play well enough to make the playoffs but lose in the NFC Championship to Green Bay. Dallas wins 6 games and make headlines with their frustration. The Patriots go 9-7 and end up losing to the Chiefs in the AFC Championship in an upset.

The Browns win at LEAST 4 games, possibly 6. They are gonna have a good offense and I feel Cincy and Baltimore will be worse this year.

Ratings will continue to drop across the board and the mega superstars who want these ridiculous contracts are gonna miss games when they don’t get paid (hopefully not my boy Rodgers though). I think the owners will release some type of statement along the lines of “we won’t tolerate players disrespecting the flag and the public has also made this clear” and piss off a lot more players. Who will eventually cave and stop protesting since they don’t have a career without the fans support (cold hard truths).

I think Rodgers wins his 3rd MVP and the Packers go 12-4 enroute to a 1st round bye and beat the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl. After the season he signs a mega gigantic contract.

Brady retires. JJ Watt retires. Gronk retires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SKOL

Schultzy and greatwhitehunter3 like this.
  5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I thought there was already a decision made about the anthem and if players on the field had to stand, otherwise take you butt to the locker room.

Only other thing I'm looking forward to is the 49er's season. Sherman will be an interesting addition to say the least and hope to see Garoppolo continue from where he left off last season. Rams should still take the division but I don't think Arizona or Seattle have much in the tank but we'll see.

I think the season as a whole will be good. There will be a few power houses, GB, Pitt, KC but will likely see a few fall off like NE. Could be a very interesting year and looking forward to it!

BowCommander likes this.
  6. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I could see a lot of the things you mentioned happening, but I could tell early into your post that you were a little bit GB bias. While I believe Aaron Rodgers is easily the best overall quarterback I have ever seen play the game, I believe he's going to need more support than what he's getting to beat out loaded teams like Philly, LAR, Atlanta, etc. I also don't see anyone beating Pittsburgh unless they beat themselves as usual over in the AFC.

With response to the 49ers, I do believe they will indeed be another sleeper team.

7. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Always gotta have some bias.

Is Big Bens head in the game? Hasn’t he been talking retirement? Also...do you have a runningback? I believe they will be good, but they havnt ran over the competition with their loaded roster yet and I don’t think it starts next year.

The Packers did give Rodgers a lot of new support. Everyone points to losing Nelson as a huge factor but the truth is he was over 30 with a bad knee, and WRs are a dime a dozen. The Packers drafted 3 over 6’ and added 2 Pro Bowl tight ends. Cobb has been cut out of the big picture the last 3 seasons but I believe will re-find his niche as he did in 2014.

Not to mention a new defensive coordinator and a slew of new young and old CB talent.

8. RGV Hunter

RGV Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I will skip watching football again this year. A bunch of cry babies. I will start watching football when they straighten up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Westfinger likes this.
  9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    But I'll make sure to post in football threads and let everyone know;)

I'll be watching the Lions win and the Packers lose!!!!!

BowCommander and Siman/OH like this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think that this season I will enjoy each Packer victory more now that it will bug Germ.

Siman/OH likes this.
  11. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be biased in saying that Dallas actually got better by losing those two players.

Dez was a shell of himself, so the headache of keeping around his personality wasn't worth it. Witten is HOFer, but the only thing that will be missed will be his leadership. He hasn't been the best blocking TE as he has gotten older and was never a freak in the passing game. Those two things can be replaced.

They also sured up their Oline and have legit dept which was a huge issue last year. Add to that a young and talented defense and you have yourself a possible NFC contender.

Packers, Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, Saints. (The NFC is stacked. Atlanta and Carolina will be right in the thick of things as well)

Steelers, Patriots, Jags, Chargers, Houston, Colts (If Luck play)

12. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Could be an off year for the Patriots, but the homer in me is saying NO WAY!! I think they could be in the AFC championship again, and it wouldn't surprise me. I could be Bill's last year. He is training McDaniels to take over the reigns, by showing him everything he does. He's never included him in any of that stuff before.
    The only way the Steelers get to the SB is if they do not have to play NE in the playoffs. They absolutely CRAP themselves coaching wise every time they play NE. It's comical to say the least.

Houston will make a very deep run, and this could be their year.

I'd like to see The Packers go deep as well, although I hate/deny the fact that rogers is better then Brady. I choose to tune out those conversations.

Siman/OH likes this.
  13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trent Dilfer has the same number of Superbowl wins as Rodgers, just saying

14. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Team sport, not individual.

15. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Brady has more than the Packers.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And the Lions? same as the vikings. Differ was from the era when defense still won championships.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yet not even close on championships. Don't give 2 craps what the championships were called in different eras. Soon to be 100 year anniversary and every single of the 13 are world championships. The fans of lesser teams that came later should thank the Packers for building the league so other franchises can exist.

Siman/OH likes this.
  18. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:

Everyone in this thread knew this post was going to be coming from you at some point.

Some rainy day I’m going to go back through your posts and count the amount of times you have blabbed about the Packers building this league and why others should “thank them.” Has to be an easy 100+ times in the last year. Lets find something else to talk about, eh???

Can I ask why you feel the need to defend any comment someone makes about Rodgers/Packers with that statement? Every single time?

Random poster: “Clay Matthews is not a good LB anymore.”

Sota: “You fail to realize the Packers built this league over 100 years ago and have championships dating back those 100 years. That makes Clay Matthews a good LB.”

Every. Single. Time. It comes back to the 100 years ago blah blah blah.

Now after I post this I’ll get the: “Jake you don’t have a say because the Vikings don’t have a championship and you have to realize the Packers built this league.”

:lol: :poke:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Schultzy and Swamp Stalker like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When your franchise does not have a deep history you tend to dismiss those that do. The facts I have stated are undeniable just because you do not like the truth does not change the fact it is true. Also when your team does not have a proud history you rip off a pregame chant from a soccer team in Iceland, skoal.:lmao2:

20. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only 2 teams left in the league that were original founders are the Bears and the Cardinals.

Don't pretend to be something you're not it takes away from the people who deserve it.