2009 Lunar Rut Calendar - what time is the right time?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by quiksilver, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another great write up Quick

I haven't ever paid much attention to the moon phase. I just try and sit in the stand four days a week.

Jim>Trevor>Kyle>Quick

:hail: Bow down kiddos

:d

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My plan as well. Screw the moon/rut/weekendwarriors/outofstatehunters....that first week is my best chance IMO

3. NY/Al

NY/Al Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    3 bucks can get you a slice of pizza and an Arizona Tea and the local store, dont go droppin it on the ground!:cool:

4. slick814

slick814 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some guys play the wind, some guys wait for the rut. Some guys hunt the moon phase, some guys take it in the... :d
    Not that I'm saying that about anyone here... Ted Nugent quote. or close to what he said.
    In all seriousness, moon phase has never been a major factor in my hunting plans. I believe that it can be a factor, but that the biggest factor is just to get out there and stay out there. The more time you put in, the better chances you have, regardless of the moon. One thing I've noticed full moon wise, though is that I've seen more deer movement in the middle of the day than early/late day. Might be that they're moving so much more at night and need a midday snack or something? I don't know.. just my $0.02..