random encounters with great people

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Dec 22, 2015.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be the first to tell you I'm not that good of a person. And I'm surely not that religious of a person. Long story short I marked in service last night and hadn't eaten all day so I went up to the Chic FIL A...well too late it was closed. As I am about ready to leave a 60 yr old guy and his son walked up to me and made small talk. 30 minutes later the guy took off his hat and he and his son grabbed my hands and prayed for me. Those people were the nicest people I may have ever met. Man was a retired 101st Airborne who went on to work with the fire department. Big Christian family. I felt completely humbled by their kindness. He stated his brother was a former cop who had been shot. Little did he know one of my buddies arrived on scene of a robbery the night before and had a gun pointed at him and then a hostage was briefly taken. Made us all really think hard after work.

How these types of chance meetings come to be are a mystery to me....the timing was incredible. Not the first time this has happened to me.....

2. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think I am missing something or your story is? What was their act of kindness? Talking with you and praying for you? Or did they get you something to eat since Chic Fil A was closed?

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Their act of kindness was speaking with me with sincerity and caring for no reason other than they cared about me and my safety.

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe more than coincidence.......

5. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Brett. You come off as a pretty nice guy, so it does not surprise me. Good things usually happen to good people.

6. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are rays of sunshine everywhere.

Sometimes we just have to take off our sunglasses.

7. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    this is exactly what this world needs! I actually didn't meet the person in the mcdonalds drive thru but the person in front of me did a pay it forward for me so I got my meal free. boy did it send a good feeling through me. I will be passing it on when the opportunity presents itself.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So what did you finally eat?

9. NCcrittergitter

NCcrittergitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My pastor is one of those guys, just genuinely cares for everybody. I've seen him approach people that seemed fine to me and he could just tell they needed "something". I'm sinner saved by grace, but sometimes you can just tell The Lord has put you at a certain spot at a certain time. I didn't get to meet you when you visited Jeff, but from your posts and how highly Jeff spoke of you, you sound like fine individual. Good hearted, genuine poeople are getting harder and harder to find.

10. michaelp

michaelp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been around you as a internet buddy for a long time. You are better than most. Be easy old pal

11. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get cold, wet, or hungry so they say. Some time you get all 3 and have to deal with the WORST that society has. Then you get right back at it next shift.
    Stay strong, stay ready, and even though the media has NOTHING good to say, society needs that blue line there.
    Merry Christmas
    God Bless

12. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awsome!!.Shows that not everybody is bad as the media/news would like you too believe.

13. willbill72il

willbill72il Newb

Dislikes Received:
    meetings like that don't happen by chance!!! thank the lord for putting those people in your path and enjoy your blessings!!!!

14. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had this happen to me at work the other day.... As I filled over 200 prescriptions with one technician in an 8 hour window on Christmas Eve dealing with the rush of people acting as if the apocalypse is upon us because Pharmacies will be closed for 24 hours. Getting yelled at and cussed at because they were late to go be with family (as I am away from mine working so they could get meds in the first place)... had a sweet old lady come up and stand in line for over 10 minutes to finally get to the counter. When she got up there I asked the last name she was picking up for and she simply said "Oh no one, I just wanted to come by and thank you all for working on a day like today and to know that I have been praying for happiness for you and your families... Merry Christmas." Completely throws things back in perspective when just ONE person is kind in a world that is turning all too bitter.

15. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    God put people in our paths at the perfect time, its amazing!!