Enclosed Trailer floor sealing options

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MadMan, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I recently purchased a 6x12 enclosed trailer. I will be utilizing it mostly during the winter months and would like to put down some form of seal coating on the floor. I've priced out spray on options from truck bed liner vendors which, isn't worth the cost IMO. So I'm looking at deck resorting sealing options like armorpoxy & armorgarage same thing I believe. Does anyone have any experience using these specific types or others on the market? Or have other suggestions for sealing the floor and ramp?

2. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd personally do the self roll on kits of a truck bed liner. I treated a duck hunting aluminum boat with the stuff and it lasted YEARS of heavy abuse for a relatively cheap option. That depends on what you plan on using it for too though.

3. MadMan

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hauling my snowmobile and all my ice fishing gear around and storing it inside also. So there will be snow and ice on the floor at times if not all the time during the winter. Therefore with freeze & thaw cycles I'd like to seal the floor and ramp to extend its life.

4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would also do a roll on bed liner. That should seal it just fine I would think. We do all of our trailer frames with it and they don't rust now.

5. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    the carbides on the sled will do more damage than the water. get some form of "slide guide" for the skis and you'll be fine.... also, don't leave the sled up there to thaw/dry, take it out of the trailer and let it dry in the garage, aside from the slide guides, standard water proofing or etc will be fine and should last for a long time.

6. MadMan

Dislikes Received:
    I've been looking at the Sure Grip http://www.suregripdollies.com/wp/ for the skis. I don't have the luxury of storing the sled in a garage, it will be in the trailer 24/7 unless I'm on it. That's why I'm looking for a sealing option that will keep the floor dry.

7. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Carbides will still destroy the surface, even if you used a urethane coating you still will need the slides imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Look into ribbed garage utility flooring mats. Can get a piece 7.5"x14" to cover the entire interior floor for under $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MadMan

Dislikes Received:
    You are correct, I failed to state that if I go with the dolly option they be on all the time when the sleds in the trailer.