Trump! Signs executive order to drastically cut federal regs

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Afflicted, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like Trumps energy on what he is doing but I'm not sure this EO is going to have any teeth. There are so many regulations on the books that are not even used that they could use as their Cuts without actually changing anything. Will have to wait and see what regulations actually get cut when the time comes.

3. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    May be a drop in the swamp but its more than we had before.

We all just need to keep backing him and being vocal that he's doing to people's business.
    Not politicians or people that play make-believe for living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    His travel ban is idiotic. However, I like cutting regulations on businesses.

5. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There are so many regulations and laws on the books that one author did a study and wrote a book that theorizes that each adult individual in this country commits three felonies per day mainly unknowingly. That statistic amazes me but as I have thought about it I can definitely see where this might be the case. For instance, Obamacare is 2,500 pages long of legal jargon that 99% of Americans have no idea of the complexity of compliance of all the regulations. Sarbanes/Oxley was enacted after the ENRON debacle and is so complex and convoluted that I don't really see how publicly traded companies can even hope to comply with every facet of it. We need some common sense and simplicity. You have 4-5 different agencies all monitoring and regulating the same thing but with slightly differing regulations of which you have to comply with them all and sometimes even though they regulate the same thing because they have different regs, to comply with one you may be out of compliance with another.

6. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In our fervor to slash the evil government let's remind ourselves to stand vigilant in protecting our country. Slash banking regulations by all means, but put the corrupt bankers in jail when they commit fraud, like Wells Fargo did.

I am dubious that anything productive will come of any of this. I view some of these executive orders the same way Trump viewed his first marriage vows. They probably aren't that permanent, and quite possibly just for show.

7. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We don't need to agree with every move he makes to back him. I don't even agree with my own family on everything.

8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

What's idiotic about keeping people who are impossible to properly vet and who come from places that are known to be Petri dishes of violent anti-American sentiment out of this country?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Our OWN people commit terrorism on a daily basis. Just look at the murders in Chicago. Look at the school shooters....the gang bangers that run rampant.

The travel ban is idiotic. It is off the hook stupid. It is symbolic at best. And the symbolism looks like crap, both foreign and domestically.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Hmmm... I bet there's a few families in San Bernadino that wished there had been better vetting of immigrants from terror hotbeds.
    Just because we have major problems with home-grown criminals doesn't mean we should import more of them.

11. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  12. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  13. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    And she admitted to it being a sham marriage.

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    ...there were 2 shooters. She was radicalized before she ever set foot here. The simplest most basic vetting would have discovered that. The previous admin didn't even bother to take the time to check her freaking FB page.

Coming to America is not a right, it's a privilege (and Eddie Murphy's last funny movie.)
    Would you invite an unknown homeless person into your home, leave them your extra set of car keys, your checkbook on the kitchen table, give them your internet password, and then leave them unattended while you go to work for the day? Because that's basically what your government has been doing for over 30 years.

15. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have to close the doors and windows before we bother hanging fly strips and passing out fly swatters.

It's not stupid or idiotic. It's rational and logical. With all due respect, sir.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is like wiping before you poop to not seal it up first.:tu:

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Something else to consider – anyone currently or about to receive and or use a visa to enter this country; that visa was issued by the previous administration. As already evident by the fact that they did not even bother to check Facebook, do you really trust that anyone was properly vetted? A temporary pause to review those applicants is the least the Government should do.

18. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Damn I am glad Trump got in, could you imagine the **** Hillary would have us in.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like the discourse Trump brings he had upended the applecart with both parties, the media, and the snowflakes. Trumps shot at Schumer about the staged tears was priceless.

20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    So far it's been an all-out, all-fronts assault on Progressivism, elite media, and the political establishment. Been a very highly entertaining and satisfying 12 days!

I just pray he sticks to his original list for tonight's announcement for SCOTUS... he's never going to have more momentum than he does right now; a conciliatory pick will neuter him with his base.