Super Bowl Predictions/Discussions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tynimiller, Jan 23, 2017.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well....what a boring day of NFC and AFC Championship games, although definitely telling to the capabilities of both teams when their game plan and execution lines up.

Sure Bell went down...and Green Bay was decimated with injuries...but Bell healthy and GB the same while we may have had a better fight in each I am not sure outcomes change.

Atlanta is one of the best offenses of all time, and Ryan confirmed what I already knew: he is the MVP this year. That doesn't take away from Aaron Rodgers and his amazing 8 week expedition he led his rag tag team of misfits through...nor does it take away from the efficiency Brady has displayed since coming off suspension....Ryan simply is playing at another level this year.

However, the dark horse of the discussion that is being overshadowed is the level of play Atlanta's defense has begun to display in the last 5-7 games...when Trufant went down folks there got worried...but it honestly made the entire unit find themselves a little more. Their ability to apply pressure with 4 man rushes is going to be the secret element no team besides Houston (for a half) has been able to do to Brady in recent memory.

The question is how cool and collective will Matty Ice remain on the biggest stage? The dude has proven he'll come through in big games...shoot his last NFC Ship loss he put up monster stats...so I expect more of the same honestly.

In the end I feel Ryan and ATL get it done....34-27

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ryan is destined to win MVP, Super Bowl MVP and his firat ring.

My only concern would be poise, Patriots have obviously done this before and that experience goes a long way in keeping composure.

Brady has only played 14 games this season, that could go a long way as well.

In the end I see Atlanta's D continue to step up and keep NE at bay. Close game through the first 2 1/2 quarters, then Atlanta starts to pull away.

ATL 46

NE 34

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't think one can ever count out Brady and NE but I'm predicting and hoping for an Atlanta win.

Atlanta - 31
    New England - 24

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    New England - 31
    Atlanta - 28

Hopefully it is a very good game.

5. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like the patriots will take this one. Atlanta has a great offense, but if it weren't for 2 key mistakes by the Green Bay offense, the missed field goal, and the fumble, that game is probably much closer. Also, there were many key drops. The Atlanta defense did get to Rodgers, but they weren't great by any means. The patriots put up almost as many points against the steelers, who have a much better defense than the packers. That coupled with belicheck, makes me lean more towards the patriots.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would never bet against the Patriots in the SB as long as Bill is the coach.

7. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Patriots will do what the patriots always do, take away the number one target wide receiver Julio Jones, and make him a non-factor, just like they did to Antonio Brown last night. I do not see Atlanta scoring more than 24 points, and I don't see Atlanta's defense, holding Brady under 27 points.

Patriots win 27 to 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

9. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want Atlanta to win so much... But the Patriots take this game.

24-17

10. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if this is the place for this... Anyone have some game day recipes they would like to share?

11. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Let's for a second analyze this concept...which I wholeheartedly agree would most likely be my preferred tactic in eliminating the oppositions top threat:

In all the ATL games here are some interesting fact stats:

They are 8 - 1 in games where JJ gets under 75 yards receiving...with a team avg score of 35.8
    They are 7 - 2 in games where JJ gets NO touchdowns...............with a team avg score of 34.8
    They are 5 - 3 in games where JJ gets over 100 yards receiving...with a team avg score of 33.4
    They are averaging 41.5 points per game without JJ...however those were the Rams and the 49ers.
    They are averaging 34 with JJ in the lineup.

I would not be shocked if NE takes the approach of let JJ get his...but bet he cannot single handedly beat us....odds are more in your favor in that fashion and eliminating their backs and #2 or TE options. Remember Ryan has throw TD passes to 13 guys! He averages completions to like 8 or 9 different guys a game...in that aspect he is very Brady-esque in if you are open, he will throw you the ball.

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    New England will win this game. With 2 weeks to prepare and knowing what it takes to win this game will be too much for Atlanta.

14. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I hadn't had a chance to look at stats, excellent post Ty!
    that's impressive and very Brady-esque.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...no worries at all. Logic states take JJ out...statistics say otherwise. I really sense NE will do the latter and say let JJ attempt to beat us single handedly...a tall task indeed against a NE team in the playoffs (SB no doubt).

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Besides I had that stat line already as I'd had this discussion with another and in defense of GB not focusing on JJ so much...not that it would have mattered for us because we couldn't worry about ANY of their threats. :biggrin:

17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love how many articles have popped up, "Belichick out coaches Tomlin" after the Patriots win. Who hasn't he out coached in the past decade? LOL. He is the greatest coach of all time. He has the greatest QB of all time. Sometimes in life things just come together and kick butt, and in this case, New England got the Football Super Slam.

18. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Buy a lot of beer and enjoy the commercials because the game will be boring.

Patriots - 37

Falcons - 17

19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I personally struggle to see a blow out that isn't in ATL advantage...NE I don't think will blow out ATL. Could be my distaste for NE but if anyone blows anyone out it is ATL I think.

20. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd never bet against the Pats, but I really want the Falcons to win.