Confirmation Hearings

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by kb1785, Jan 12, 2017.

1. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was driving around the job today and had the radio on as the confirmation hearing for the CIA nominee was being questioned by Congress. It is easy to see that all of these hearings are a complete waste of time. Most of their questions has already been answered prior to them sitting down and it is all a political grandstand for whomever is asking the questions, and the congressmen(women) already know how they are going to vote anyway. For example one doofus lady congresswoman interrogates the potential new head of the CIA about whether he believes that "climate change" is the biggest threat to national security. She kept pounding on this point asking him if he believed this or that about climate change. The CIA is an intelligence gathering and analyzing organization that has nothing to do with nor should it have anything to do with climate change policy. It is no wonder the country is in the shape when our elected officials ask such asinine questions. I think there are a great many more pressing threats to national security than the existence or non-existence of climate change. It would be refreshing if we could focus on what is important and not be distracted by pettiness.

2. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The grandstanding sickens me, frauds and self-serving parasites.

4. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why are you being so mean to real frauds and self-service parasites?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My bad, I am relaxed now to the point where I can laugh at the it's not fair crowd. First it was russian hacking that cost Hillary the election, now they have circled around back to the FBI and the possibility of reopening the investigation caused Hillary to lose the election. It never dawns on the libs that hard working taxpayers are sick and tired of the liberal entitlements.

6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The irony in this is incredible. Especially the tax payer part.

7. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got a kick out of Elizabeth Warren going after Ben Carson "can you guarantee that not one dollar will go to benefit pre-elect or his family". I wish Carson had turned the question back on her asking if she can guarantee that she hasn't benefited from any of the legislation that she has voted for.

I'd say she needs to be slapped stupid but it is too late for that.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The upper 50% that get all the tax breaks still pay more than the lower 50% that is ironic.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Do you honestly believe that the it is not fair crowd will ever step up and pay their fair share for what they demand? Where do you think that money will come from? If you do not pay in you do not have input, get over it the agenda has failed rejected by the voters.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  10. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    How much does your boy trump pay in taxes? Oh wait...

11. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not as a percentage of their income they don't in a lot of cases. Especially if people are really near the upper part of that top 50%.

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's all grandstanding for the midterms in 2 years. The Dems know they have no control in congress, the whitehouse and soon to be Supreme Court along with the changing of many federal courts with appointments.

Their feel good measures they have been able to attain over the last 8 years and even longer at state levels, is about to start unraveling.

They know the media is eating this whole Presisent-elect Trump transition up and airing 24 hour coverage. They are not speaking to the appointments, they are speaking to the hard left voting public trying to create even more unrest and talking points.

People are always asking what changed in the world, it never used to be this way. I blame it on 2 main things.

24 hour news channels and the internet. Without those two you wouldn't hear about a majority of the stuff going on, and the stuff you do hear about you would only hear about it once or twice in a day or read it after the fact in the newspaper.

It will never go away, but anymore, if something happens it is reported instantaneously. Whether what they are reporting is accurate or not, it is then instantly plastered across every social media network within minutes or seconds. Then the media hits it even harder because people are talking about it, by that point facts no longer matter as it becomes more about the topic that had everyone up in a tizzy and less about the incident that created it.

Got a little long winded and a bit side tracked, my apologies

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  13. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agree

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

14. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    About the same percentage as the Clintons, the bushes, pelosi, Reid etc.
    They all take advantage of the write offs.
    As I'm sure you would or do.
    Have you ever filed with a dependent, wrote off expenses.
    You cannot blame someone for taking advantage of loop holes and what not.
    What's your tax rate?
    Why should anyone elses be higher just because they make more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

15. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The last part of this is spot on. They're no longer news anchors reporting fact or actual news, they're commentators that install whatever their opinions are on a story and sway the public to think about it the way they do. I mean look at this last election cycle if you don't believe that these reporters are more concerned with pass on their beliefs and opinions then they are actual information.

16. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    watch info wars. alex jones goes over the bill that barry signed into law that the CIA is now in charge of the fcc. this means that fox news and the internet are now going to be eliminated. if the libitards control the fcc then it's over!

if this is climate change we are having? I want more climate change. having a mild winter has been awesome!

17. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I actually applaud trump for his efforts and brilliance to avoid paying taxes. I have my own business and I am legally writing off and depreciating everything under the sun to avoid paying in. it keeps more money in my business and is giving me more opportunity to grow my business. it is basic economics 101. since trump has been elected I have so much work coming in I have hired 5 more guys. I just got to the point where I got tired of paying in so much tax just to watch the low lives spending my tax money without working a day in their life. No more. I will continue to avoid paying in as much as possible.

18. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agree, most small business owners think in terms of tax avoidance rather than making an income statement or balance sheet look good for investors. Taxes are just an expense that has to be managed like any other cost of doing business, smart business people look for ways to reduce their expenses. People who say that you don't pay your fair share need to come and assume the risks of operating a business and be responsible for payroll, employees, liabilities, sales, paying the bills, litigation, regulations and on and on and on before they make statements like that. Most business owners would be happy with a 10 - 15% return on investment only to see a significant portion of that wiped out by taxation. Entrepreneurs are the backbone of our free enterprise system and the more money they retain the more they are willing to invest. Some of the liberal academia elite should try it sometime, I guarantee they would sing a different song but honestly they most likely would never make it because it takes hard work and savvy to succeed and it is not theory but work put into action, something they will never understand because they want to stay in their hollowed halls where they can spout their hypothetical rhetoric while living off of government largesse(our tax money).

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was reading the yahoo this morning and believe it or not I read something that pissed me right off. I am so sick of the celebrities in this country. If you don't want to perform at Trumps inauguration don't if you don't want to go don't go. Toby Keith has decided to perform and he has to defend his decision to do so?

20. WELDO

WELDO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well said KB1785 ! I was a Welding/Mechanical contractor in southern Nevada for about 7 years and it amazed me how many governmental organizations had there fees and taxes required of my company. I decided the stress and BS wasn't worth it and went back to being a Rig Welder pipelining :usa: