NFL Divisional Round Predicitions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Siman/OH, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Seattle/Atlanta...this is a toss up for me. Atlanta has a top 10 ALL TIME offense (surprisingly). Seattle has a defense (minus Earl Thomas) thats been in the NFCCG 4 years in a row. They know how to win on the big stage. Will be great to watch, just not sure if Seattle can muster enough Offense to outscore Atlanta. Atlanta 31 Seattle 24.

Houston/New England...biggest spread in playoff history. But Houston has the #1 defense in the NFL. Weird season for sure, i dont think the Texans just roll over and get killed, but i don't think they win. Interesting through 3 quarters. New England 28 Houston 17.

Pittsburg/Kansas City...another great matchup. Possibly the most potent offense in the NFL vs a SOLID defense. Alex Smith can do enough with Tyreek/Travis to win this game IF the defense holds Pittsburg under 24. Both of these teams will give New England problems next week. Pittsburg 31 Kansas City 27.

Green Bay/Dallas...most hyped game of the NFL season so far. I honestly believe that Dallas doesnt know whats coming, they defer the kickoff and give up an early turnover to fall behind 14-0. They play great the rest of the way but Packers never trail by less than 10. End up winning 34-24. Aaron Rodgers is just too hot right now after playing Seattle/Detroit/Minnesota/Philadelphia/NY (all better pass D's). Its a comfortable victory with lots of Aikman/Buck pondering how 2 rookies cant beat an 8 years in a row playoff team and images of Jerry Jones looking like a statue.

2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These idiots are going to ruin this game.

3. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Its going to be very satisfying listening to them call another Dallas playoff loss.

4. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I 100% agree with you Caleb.

I think the Houston New England game is going to be closer just like you said. When these teams met in week three, New England shut them out 27-0, with a third string quarterback. Texans were a different team then, same with the patriots. I'll be on the Green Bay bandwagon, because I can't wait to see Dallas lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    I dont want to mean any disrespect to Dallas. They have the brightest future in the NFL. Team has played great. I just feel like the reality check is coming.

I know im the sac ridingest rider on these forums, but with the streak were on...is hard not to sound like a sack rider.

Rodgers has torn apart the 3rd, 7th, 8th, 13th and 19th best passing defenses in the league during the win streak. And that doesnt include New York who is 2nd in points allowed and 10th in total yards.

Dallas is 26th in passing defense. This game might not even be close. Even if Dallas can control the clock...Green Bay can score instantly.

Im excited. Gonna be a great game.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For those that want to crown Dak, just remember RG3 had a hell of a rookie year too. Not ripping on Dak at all just pointing out that there is another level and duration to make before being crowned.

7. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is New England and then there is everyone else.

Cowboys

Patriots

Steelers

Falcons

8. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I like your picks.

As a Steelers fan, this match up worries me. It's going to be a good game for sure.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I tend to agree with most of your pics. I'm hoping KC can win. They played terrible the first time the played the Steelers this year(worst game of the year). I think they are a much more dynamic team than week 4. For the most part, they are healthy and have some dynamic weapons in all phases of the game. IF Justin Houston is healthy and can play at the level he is capable of, it would make a huge difference in this game. He really is a game changer when healthy. I'm hoping for a KC win and a chance to take down the Pats.

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been pondering and pondering and seriously the only game I have no doubts on is NE winning over Houston.

Otherwise:

Steelers/KC - I mean first time the 3 B's in Pittsburgh will be healthy in a playoff game (Ben is healthy even if banged up)....but KC is at home and honestly at times are such an efficient and now explosive team it is scary. This game is not going to get away from either side and to me that fairs on the side of KC....if I felt a shootout was going to occur I'd easily go Pittsburgh. In the end I still feel Pittsburgh is coming together at the right time similar to the Pack and Hawks are...scary but I'll go Pittsburgh in a game that falls somewhere around 27-24

Seahawks vs Falcons...Seahawks are a playoff team and simply put a tough out for ANYONE once regular season ends. However, while I sense the Defense will start strong, may even force a big turnover or two, they simply cannot run with Atlanta for 4 quarters...so long as Atlanta doesn't let it slip away early, they will outlast and keep separating into the end of the game. Will go Falcons 41-31

Packers vs Dallas...as a Packer fan, this game while I have more comfort in it as I think Dallas is a much more predictable team with less weapons on Offense and definitely a worse secondary than Giants......they have better top shelf offense threats though in Zeke/Oline and top WRs. Yes they have a rookie quarterback but as long as Dallas doesn't need him to throw them back into a game I don't see Dak freaking out like many given his Oline and RB escape plan. GB however CAN and MOST likely given recent trends score and most likely score on 65% of their possessions in the game...Dallas keeps possessions in AR's hands low, I think Dallas wins a close game...you give AR and the offense say 11 or more chances (11 is their average), I think GB is simply too hot. Literal coin flip type game but gut says AR>Rookie QB 34-27

11. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What are peoples thoughts on Jordy Nelson potentially missing the game? How big of a factor is that for AR and company? I'm saying Dallas wins simply for that reason alone.

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I personally would be shocked if he suits up Sunday. And if he does he won't have any impact.

13. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, it sounded pretty bad. His rib injury alone was stated to be "severe" in nature.

14. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I could see him being ready for super bowl if we make it. NFC champ game I think still would be iffy. He is a tough dude so maybe he will shock me.

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Atlanta over Seattle, traveling will wear Seattle down.

Atl. 28

Sea. 18

New England over Houston, Houston will be over confident after besting a dismal Oakland.

NE 48

Hou. 13

Steelers over the Chiefs, this game will be severely impacted by weather, ground game and play action will decide it. Steelers have endured in the nasty weather.

Pit. 15

KC 6

Packers over the Cowboys, Cowboys are going to come out rusty commiting an early turnover that they will never recover from.

GB 36

Dal. 27

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If they allow Jordy to play (clearance from team Drs) He will be shot up and the ribs will just be tender. If the rest of the receivers catch the ball when it is thrown to them the Packers will be fine with Jordy on the bench.

17. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Words of wisdom!

I think they'll be fine without him.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A couple of the receivers have had drop issues in a few games, that is what I was referencing.

19. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see Cobb having nearly as good of a game as last week.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dallas D-backs and pass defense are not even close to what the Giants have, Cobb will have over 100 yards and at least 1 td.