When your youngest stops talking like your little buddy.....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Dec 7, 2016.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My youngest kid is 8 and a half. She is still my little buddy and we do everything together. However lately she is starting to sound like a normal kid and is losing her little kid talk. Every few sentences I'll just look at her when she out of nowhere talks like a young adult. To be honest, it kind of saddens me that I don't have any more little buddys behind her........I guess I'm really getting older now.

:(

2. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know the feeling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As great as it is (or was) It only gets worse. lol Wait till they find attitude. Thats always fun. At least with mine I went from Daddy to ugh what ever.

4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Once a Daddy's Girl - always a Daddy's Girl. Just keep being there for her through the next stage of life and you'll still have your little girl.

27 years later and I'm still Daddy's Girl. Had my Papa wrapped around my pinky until he passed away in February. There are just some things we don't like to let go of - and to me - it was my connection with my Dad and my Papa.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh just wait the process speeds up in the next couple years. I coached my son in football and basketball, we coached football together, we watched ESPN together every morning we watched football together. He turned 21 yesterday at college and told me he wouldn't be home for Christmas break because he found a job down at school. My point is they grow up so fast.

6. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm getting all the Daddy time I can with my little ones. If they happen to go away to that dreaded place "***** Mountain " when in their teens I hope they don't stay there too long.
    I'll always be there but it will be nice to have a relationship.

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of my "little buddies" got married this summer. Talk about feeling old! But, its a whole new joy to have an "adult buddy". Circle of life man. I just wish the circle didn't spin so damn fast.

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hear you guys. My oldest daughter is 14 so Im seeing some attitude. Lol....not much, but she does spout off every now and then....she is my buddy a well. My wife says I spoil my oldest daughter too much. LOL.

9. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man, don't get me started. As a new dad, I can't believe my little man is already a 1 year old. He was walking around the kitchen last night, and I still can't believe last year at this time, he was just a little ball that couldn't even hold his head up. Time needs to slow down.

10. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wait until she's in middle school and has no interest in you anymore. And you tell her how much you miss how things used to be. And she tells you, "I don't know what to say about that, Dad."

11. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My oldest daughter is 17 and was just accepted in to Purdue's pharmacy program. My youngest daughter is 15 and is a cheerleader captain. I wake up most mornings feeling like I was just kicked in the nuts. Lol. All kidding aside, my girls are the best and cherish your time it goes fast.

12. Ks.hunter

Ks.hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My oldest just moved out this week. He is in his third year in college and will graduate with no debt! my youngest is a senior in high school and is trying to figure out where he's going to go to school next year. he was blessed with a very good left arm and has worked very hard to be a good baseball prospect. Nothing better then going to these colleges and hearing how much they want your son! seems like yesterday his brother was waking him up to watch sponge bob. cherish it and no matter what happens that day, tell them you love them before bed!!

13. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My sweet lil girl turned 10 in November and the other day I got yelled at because I was taking clothes I had folded in her room and she was changing. Whew, that truly escalated quickly. Where did my baby go? Now she sings Lady Gaga songs and tells me about her purses and lip gloss, where did Dora and barbie go??????

14. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes they grow up fast and when they do, you'll realize just how little time we have them. But wait, there's an upside. They're called grandkids, and you ain't lived till you get those. OMG they're great!

Blessings.........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

15. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Grandchildren are WAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better than children!

But still cherish EVERY day now.

16. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just wait until the boys start sniffing around, talk about a bad feeling. My little girl is 17 now and I can't figure how that happened.

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It sucks, my daughter turns 16 this year, just wait for that excitement, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful daughters are God's punishment to you for how you behaved as a teenage boy.