Uses for ozone

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was at a groundwater pollution remediation conference this week. I was talking to a guy about some of the different technologies used that are newer to treat mostly hydrocarbon contaminated ground water and he brought up ozone uses. Here in the Twin Cities there is a company called zerorez that does carpet and furniture cleaning with what they called empowered water and no soap. Well the empowered water is ozone treated water, my ozone machine came with two ceramic stones so I can treat water. Evidently oxyclean detergent uses a form of ozone bonded to some other stuff and it defiantly gets stains out. I am going to try to get some blood stains out of a pair of jeans to see how it goes, also before I wash the camo I will fill the wash machine and ozone treat the water to see if it gets rid of the regular laundry detergent smell.

2. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Interested to see how it goes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in to see the results.....

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've been thinking about getting Scent Crusher's Wash O3 system. I'm curious to hear how your tests go.

5. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How does this work? What does it hook in to? I've seen them just wasn't sure how you use it?

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well the bloodstained jeans got thrown away so I tried it on my old carhart barn coat. I results of that were not ideal then again without knowing the needed concentrations it was just guessing. I will say it was very effective for deodorizing a wash machine, I let the washer fill then stopped it and put the stone in and let the ozone machine go for a half hour. I will be doing that before I wash my camo.