GM mechanic questions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by selfbros, Oct 5, 2016.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 2005 Tahoe LT. recently, a message has popped up on my dash reading "Service Ride Control" I scanned it and the code is C0590, Rear Right Circuit fault? What the **** does this mean? I'm hoping it's just a cheap sensor if there is a cheap sensor.

2. J.H.

J.H. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not positive but it might be the tire pressure sensor. my brothers 05 had it happen, just don't remember the code.

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your right rear shock isn't playing nice and communicating with the rest of the suspension.
    May just be the connection, may just need to be reset, may need to replace the sensor.
    Get down there and see what it looks like. If it looks in good shape, might just replace the sensor depending on price.

Gotta love the new computer controlled suspensions. I always laugh at that chevy commercial where the guy is telling his dad that the truck takes 10,000 readings per second on the suspension... until it brakes, and it costs 3 grand to fix!

4. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm trying to sell it and buy a newer model. I was interested in the Hybrids, until I heard how much the batteries cost if they need replacing

5. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, there's a pretty good catch to hybrids. They are more expensive up front and if they break they're more expensive. Those costs can quickly negate any fuel savings costs.