Who won the debate?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by frenchbritt123, Sep 26, 2016.

1. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So who the hell won that one?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think either one of them won. They'll both keep the people who support them but I didn't see anything that IMO would persuade anyone to vote for either of them if they weren't planning on doing so already.

Trump goes off on too many tangents and by the time he's done you don't even know what the hell he's talking about. Hillary is just full of herself and full of poop every time she opens her mouth.

The one thing I did enjoy was Trump constantly telling her and she's had 30 years to try and enact these plans she has right now and she hasn't done it yet, so what's going to change. I enjoy seeing him beat up on the politicians who create half the mess we have right now. Trouble is him and his rich corporate friends bought and paid for the other half of the mess.

Pretty sure it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't proposition here.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Justin in large part. The only thing I'll add is that Trump went into a liberal hornets nest with a bullseye on his forehead and cam out pretty much unscathed. In my book, that's pretty much a win by default. The bulk of what Trump needed to accomplish was just to not implode by being baited to say or do something stupid, other than needing to practice not rambling and getting to a short concise point...I didn't think he did too bad.

Hillary just looked and acted like the same slimy witch she's always been.

4. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trump lost as far as debates go.

Anyone who would argue that point is a Trump supporter or a Hillary Hater (I claim that second one). He babbled on for minutes on end with random tangents and dodged 90% of the questions without any clear direct answers. That said, it's really not his fault in a way. He isn't a polished politician. Hilary has spent 4 decades training on debates and how to say the right thing, Trump has spent that time raking in cash and doing/saying whatever the hell he wants. It showed on the stage tonight. I think Hilary is a lying criminal who would be better suited for a white collar jail than our white house, but she definitely appeared more presidential tonight than Donald.

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No one, we all lose again.

6. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was the only clear winner for not watching that clown show.

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This was lose/lose for DJT- it was 2 against 1. Holt never asked HRC about Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, or immigration; and only asked Clinton broadly about the emails and didn't even push back or "fact check" her on her BS response. Also, there were several questions the "moderator" aimed at HRC that were clearly scripted- her responses were obviously rehearsed (although devoid of substance.) Holt's badgering of Trump on the birther thing (Hillary's campaign did start and perpetuate the issue) and the for/against the Iraq War 2 was completely over the top. Trump may have made one public statement of being in support of a pending war months prior to the actual war; but after that he was clearly and consistently against going to war prior to and after the first shots were fired. That's the record, and Holt knows it. Or should, before he Candy Crowlys himself at the feet of Queen Hillary.

I thought Trump looked lost and a little frenetic at first and reverted to his early primary tactic of "with these idiot politicians in charge we lose at everything and I'm smarter than them" but about midway through he realized that if he let Holt run the show he was doomed. Then Trump took over, largely pushed Holt off the stage and then went to work putting HRC on the defensive.

I agree that nobody lost any support as a result of this debate. Hillary looked much more polished- but that's part of DJTs point...she's a slimy, shiny smug professional politician and emblematic of the problem with who has been running this country into the ground for most of the last century.

Since the debates are in 3 rounds like a boxing match, I'll score them like one. Round 1 goes to HRC, 8-7, with the assist coming from judge Holt.

8. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trump lost.

Trump did well in the beginning talking about trade, which is his strength, but Hillary destroyed him the 2nd half of the debate, especially concerning foreign policy and not because she was right, just because delievered her message better and clearer, while Trump looked baffled and confused.

How Trump never brought up Benghazi is beyond me.

And when they were discussing him releasing his tax return, she set herself up so well for a comeback about the e-mails, but Trump completely missed it.

Trump just failed all around. You could tell who had the most experience.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think anyone won both candidates didn't say anything different than they have been since the election cycle started.

10. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Makes two of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not America.

12. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Trump looked like a lost puppy and then turned into the kid who was sent to timeout.

Hillary's debate experience definitely showed through.

Then again, I agree with Justin. I don't think either swayed undecided voters based on their performance.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lets be real hear, we've had 8 years worth of a polished debater and public speaker. What has that gotten this country?

I don't give a crap who debates better. The fact are that one of these two should be in jail, not running for president. What's worse is that there's still a huge portion of the country and the media that feels she's fit to be president....... You can't make this stuff up, it's totally asinine.

I didn't watch the debate because I have no interest in watching the media and moderator tag team Trump while lobbing softballs to Hillary. It's a no win situation for the Republican candidate in almost every single debate.

14. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hillary again seemed like she wants our guns. What the hell is "military style"?

I was glad to see Trump didn't shoot himself or do something dumb. Does anyone really think that Trump could win a debate against a politician?

15. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Agree wholeheartedly. Public speaking ability isn't a measure of qualification, not to mention I agree with everything you said about Hillary. Trump didn't have anything of substance in his arguments, however. He just went on the defensive, but in a childish way. His narcissism and immaturity is only outdone by what I can only imagine is lack of knowledge in the areas he needs to focus on as a potential leader of our country.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What has Trump done to warrant a prison sentence?

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ask the scotts, lol

18. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ugh, is my only response to that debate last night

19. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't watch. But just stumbled upon this :lol:

[​IMG]

20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    With so much at stake in this election I am shocked the Republicans did such a terrible job developing and grooming a kick butt candidate. That shows the party is in a terrible state right now. What a disaster.