Media, reporting has become a joke.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to get involved with reporting and media while I was going to college years ago, glad I didn't but I can help myself when I read or watch a story I look at the reporting style and analyze it. Friday it was reported locally and it was in the USA today that the Dr that shot Cecil the lion had his boat stolen from his winter home on Maro Island. There are over 6,000 boats stolen every year, it is rarely if ever reported, and the lion had nothing to do with the story. Bunch of damn hacks with an agenda.

2. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just love how they slant the story to fit the agenda they are pushing that week. Propaganda media it works on the dumb.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    24 hour news channels on tv were the beginning of the end for reputable reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Their mindset exactly!! Awesome!!

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had an old salty instructor that said no matter what happens in a day it will all be reported in a half hour. This was before 24 hour news channels etc. He had a point it all used to get boiled down and reported now it all has to be expanded to fill a "news cycle" I miss the old time newspaper reporters, heck I remember when there was a morning paper and and afternoon paper delivered to my grandparents house. Reporters used to be involved in what they reported and were taught to report the news with no bias because the integrity of the reporting meant something, now you have to scan the channels to find the network that offends you the least.

7. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The ethical journalistic standards has also become a joke. Remember when a story had to be confirmed before being released? Now it's a "me first" mentally, no time to authenticate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a great example for you. Chicago politicians, lead by Rahm Emmanuel, do not like Uber or other modern ride services. They don't like them because the city of Chicago is heavily in bed with the taxi companies, and have been for years. They see these services as a threat - and rightfully so. So anytime an Uber driver gets in trouble for something that has absolutely nothing to do with being an Uber driver, it makes the news.

The other night there was a report of an "Uber driver" who was a felon that got busted with a gun. Can you imagine how many times a week or a month this happens in Chicago? My guess is hundreds. None of them ever make the news if the person is a janitor, a plumber or a cashier. But they're an Uber driver? Better publish it! The city of Chicago is trying to force an agenda of enhanced background checks and licensing ($$) for Uber and Lyft drivers. Both companies have threatened to leave the city if this passes. So any time the city can push their agenda by using the local media outlets, they do it. The media is in the pocket of the politicians.

The whole thing is a joke.