Police Officers killed in Dallas

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Hillbilly Jedi, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if anyone has seen this or not but 11 police officers have been shot in Dallas and 3 are confirmed dead. Two gunmen fired in upwards of 50 rounds from elevated positions with rifles targeting police specifically during a "Black Lives Matter" rally in downtown Dallas.

Apparently descriptions of the shooters were camo pants and body armor. Officers find a man on the street wearing camo pants and blue body armor and they take him into custody. The first person the news interviews is a lady saying "this guy was standing there the whole time. I don't know why they are putting him in a police car."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! HE FITS THE DESCRIPTION OF ONE OF THE SHOOTERS! THAT'S WHY HE'S IN A POLICE CAR YOU IDIOT!

I know I'm hearing news information and they are trying to give the best details they have, I hope, so far this is what I've seen.

Then they interview a guy on the news that says it's "Ironic this happened" and it's a "wake up call" for police. Unbelievable.

2. joshcalhoun18

joshcalhoun18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are some messed up people in this world. I live about 30 miles south of Dallas and when they catch the guys they need to put them on the death sentence but how the worlds going now I wouldn't be surprised if they only get jail time.

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Four officers are dead now. One suspect in custody after a shootout with Dallas PD and another "Person of Interest" has turned himself in to police. The news actually had video of the POI walking down the street, marching with the people in the rally and has a AR15 style rifle slung over his shoulder. How the heck to you walk in a peaceful rally with and an assault rifle over your shoulder?

They should get the death penalty when caught and hopefully convicted.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    RIP Brothers

5. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Downtown Dallas: 11 Officers Shot, 5 Fatally, During Protest of Police-Involved Shootings, Official Says

6. J.H.

J.H. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if the cop that murdered the guy that was on the ground will get the death penalty.....?

7. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I listened to some of what Obama said about the recent police shootings yesterday in a speech. He basically said the black lives matter folks are doing what is necessary to effect change that needs to happen because of our country's history concerning black people and that we needed to root out all of the vestiges of racism. He said when these people say "black lives matter" they really mean "all lives matter". If I am not mistaken Bernie Sanders got booed off a stage for saying just that a few months ago. I guess this will get spun as these folks were just defending themselves by ambushing these police officers. Race relations in this country has digressed by 50 years since Obama has been in office. I don't see any end in sight for this chaos. Shooting innocent police officers which never had anything to do with what they are protesting is abhorrent. I am so sorry for these officers and their families and friends.

8. kwachHTX

kwachHTX Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If all these idiots didn't put themselves in the position of being shot by police we would never be in this situation. Instead of criminals getting what they deserve for committing crimes, honest hard working people are getting killed. It's a shame. I just can't believe the stupidity of some people in this country. Rant over.

9. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With the DOJ leading the investigation you can be assured that both the Castile and Louisiana shootings will be done completely by the book and probably lean more toward the harsh side of prosecution given the political mood of the country. Justice will prevail in these cases and was being investigated as we discuss this. That does not excuse the murdering and wounding of innocent people just trying to do their jobs that had nothing to do with either of those situations.

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Were you on scene of that shooting?

11. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I stand behind this statement 100%.

The guy was a sexual offender with a violent background and gang affiliations. The world is a better place without him.

He terrorized innocent people. He stole. He commited sexual crimes against innocent woman.

Justice was served. He acted like a criminal, he died like a criminal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12. J.H.

J.H. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    no, were you?

13. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know I'm not who you were asking in your comment, but I'll dive in. If you weren't there, how do you know what took place? If it's the cell phone videos, all I have to say is......2016, the year we decided who was innocent or guilty based on a partial Internet video. No other evidence needed.

14. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    the dallas shootings are disgusting... no matter what happened in Baton Rouge, there is no need for this display. Humanity is the devil....

15. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sterling? The repeat violent felon that was resisting arrest and was reaching for his gun while the officers were trying to secure him for arrest?

You're an idiot.

If you want a cause to be angry at the police, go with the MN case, not the Sterling case. The Sterling case was 100% justified.

16. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Open carry is legal.

17. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If talking of Mr. Sterling....let me clear; a life was lost. That man, from his rap sheet to why the cops were called may have at his last hours been contributing ZERO to society that was good...however he was a son, a father, a friend...I pray for all those surrounding him as this without a doubt is a tough thing to go through.

As for the incident itself. I wasn't there...I doubt you were there. I doubt ANY of the armchair tough guys on keyboards were there so let's keep it to the facts we know (which is limited):

-Mr. Sterling was known by law enforcement officers. His rap sheet provides this information clearly and undeniably.
    -The call the police were responding to was one which they were informed the suspect had a weapon/gun.
    -The law enforcement officers got no where verbally with Mr. Sterling (first chance to comply)
    -The law enforcement officers tazer can be heard snapping once in the 2nd angle video out there....Mr. Sterling does not go down, does not comply.
    -The tazer is heard snapping again...nothing, does not comply.
    -The law enforcement officers than tackle and struggle with Mr. Sterling, who does not comply and resists.

-We then see a severe struggle for position, at one point in a freeze frame of a crappy video it would appear for a atleast a split second the cops had one arm pinned and another in hand...however that is all we can say.
    -Neither video have a proper angle once one of the cops says "Gun, gun he has a gun"
    -Shots follow and sadly it is over.

That is what we know. We do not know anything more, and nothing less. In ANY police shooting there are three options it was due to self defense, an accident or it was murder. Accident is eliminated here.

Neither murder nor an act of self defense can be achieved without a full investigation that includes EVERY fact and eyewitness of the case (something we don't have).

I pray for the cops involved...and especially the one who squeezed his trigger. Even if it was justified, is found justified...he most likely will never be a police officer again due to public and societal scrutiny. His career is over. Not to mention the mental anguish ending a life can cause a man or woman that serves...nothing is easy in that regard.

18. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That guy turned himself in last night the DPD said...which tells me he most likely wasn't a shooter involved. I don't see one of them walking the march just willy nilly...we will see.

My heart bleeds for the blue today more than normal.

19. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The 2nd Amendment.

Be honest, would you question this if the man carrying the rifle was white?

20. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I sure would. I'm so sick of hearing that question.