Moreso than any other election, people seem to voting against the other candidate

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Hooker, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Does everyone agree with this? That it seems like with this election, moreso than any before, people are more voting against the other candidate, rather than voting for a candidate?

I know we have always had the "less of 2 evils" thing but this time it seems so prevalent. And honestly, I have no idea how anyone could say either one is the lesser.

Is this not all incredibly sad to everyone?

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I concur. I despise Hillary due to she is a murderer, liar and criminal.

I despise Trump because he doesn't seem to think what he says matters and his pompous nature drives me CRAZY.

I'd vote for Gary Johnson but it pisses me off that I'd in essence be voting for Hillary.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Show me a decent, honest hard working person that would even want the job and all the egregious bs and scrutiny that goes with it. Is it any wonder we get these types of people running?

4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is sad.

What about those that aren't voting at all because they don't care for either?

I am voting - but no idea who - because neither of the two front runners are worth my vote. I actually cringe at the thought of one or the other running the country. They both have their own problems.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Rand Paul

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking that Gary Johnson the Libertarian will get my vote hopefully he can get enough votes so the party can achieve major party status and a viable 3rd party can get a foothold.

7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The problem is we will never have a legitimate average joe candidate because of the campaign cost.

So, you have to vote for Red or Blue. Not much of a choice.

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    If EVER a 3rd party was going to this is the election.

9. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You don't have to.

10. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll probably vote for Gary Johnson.

11. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like the "Anybody But Bush" campaign?

Except for ONE TV station Fox, The Democrats and the left own 90% of all media and their MO is attack anything and everything conservatives to keep the heat off themselves. TV, Radio, Magazines and newspapers are all written with a hard left slant. Very hard to find a conservative newspaper. Wall Street Journal and many TX papers are good.

12. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think Hillary is the most corrupt person we have ever had on the ballot. There is no question that Trump has plenty of issues but I like the idea of having someone that isnt a career politician as a choice.

13. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It would not surprise me if 50% or more people in this country can't stand either one of them. But yet these are the options we have.

14. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  15. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm voting for "anybody but Hillary". Maybe I've been under a rock but this thread is the first time I've heard the name Gary Johnson.

Seems some research is in order.

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Libertarian candidate...outside his abortion stance (or lack there of) I lean to his way on a lot of things. I saw an online ad that said "Feel the Johnson"

I mean that is HILARIOUS!

17. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With the momentum that is happening right now, and likely will continue through the election, with gun control that is the only thing on my mind at the moment. I know it may cause some eye rolling but voting for anyone but Trump is a vote for Hillary in my opinion and many might not agree. He is not a career politician which is why he's rubbing both sides the wrong way. Sure he's been on the giving side of getting what he wants from politicians so he also knows how corrupt things can be. He says a lot of things that I completely agree with. So in essence I am saying I'm not really settling for Trump but in a way I am LOL! :rock: :usa:

18. FroMan

FroMan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I mean, we have 350 million people here...and we got Killary and Trump?

If this isn't an indictment on the state of our nation then I don't know what is.

I thought it was bad when McCain and Obama were the choices.

Heck, our system is broke as a joke.

I'm voting for Trump because Hillary doesn't like me. I'm in the military.

19. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing when it comes to voting a 3rd party libertarian candidate, according to the 2012 election it hurt Romney much more than it hurt Obama. So recent history shows that Johnson will draw more of the conservative votes than he would liberal votes. Liberals stick to the democrat party WAY more than conservatives do with the republican party. So essentially it helps Hillary. I understand you vote for the person who aligns with your morals and beliefs most, but at what expense does it become rational knowing that your vote will help someone like Hillary win the election? I just can't do that. Trump is a short fused hot button flip-flopper on many things, but he cares too much about his reputation to purposefully destroy our country. Hillary on the other hand blatantly seems to hate our country and wants to fundamentally change it and continue the path of corruptive governing.

20. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think Democrats tend to vote more FOR a candidate, and Republicans have tended to vote against candidates more.

Republicans/Conservatives really want to keep the country as much the same as it was as we grew up. Democrats seem to tend to want to change things. In government "compromise" has always been a big word. We need to compromise to get things done. So when you have Republicans wanting to stay the same, and democrats wanting to change, so compromise always ends up with republicans giving up something they didn't want to and democrats getting something they wanted just not as much.

I hate to say it, but we need to quit compromising.

The first Election I could vote in was 1988. That one and every one since to me has always been voting against the candidate I thought would be worse. I don't think there has been a GOP candidate where people could really get behind him since Reagan.