Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else think Kevin Durant is a huge vagina? He signs with the team that won the most games in a single season and were the favorites to win the title. If he stays in OKC or signs with Boston and helps get them over the hump and win the title it proves that he can be a real difference maker, this just seams like the easy way out and he has to rely on others to give him a ring. I always wanted to see him get a ring, now I hope he never gets one.

2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LBJ set the precedence

Least he didn't have a espn special to tell every one.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is a Total Shock to me. I have to agree Tom. It would have been nice to see him take a team that is not loaded and win a Championship. I could have seen him going to a Boston or another young team. I guess getting the ring right now means more.

4. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think Durant should be able go wherever he wants...as should any other player in the league.

5. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you can't beat them, join them lol.

6. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pure chump move in my opinion. He had 3, YES 3, chances to BEAT GSW in the playoffs and take his team to the NBA Finals yet they failed so he ditches the challenge and the possibility of making OKC THE team of the West and joins the team he gave the Western conference to? Chump move. It would be one thing if there was no progress being made on OKC, but it was HIS fault and HIS team's fault they lost to GSW being up 3-1. I feel bad for Billy Donovan who did everything right to put them in a place to succeed. With that being said, he has every right to sign wherever he wants, but he can take the chump label with him. I said the same thing about LeBron when he went to Miami and I'll say it about any superstar.

7. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would call Vegas and put what you can afford on Gsw, it is a safer investment than anything in your 401k.

8. joshcalhoun18

joshcalhoun18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's a weak move. He will most likely get a championship but it's a chump move

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If JR Smith leaves the Cavs and they sign DWade as some rumors say, it would make for a great rivalry between the Warriors and Cavs. Leaving Cleveland worked for LeBron, we'll see if it works for Durant.

11. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another reason the league needs a franchise tag...i know the thunder had the ability to offer more money than other teams...but they should alao receive compensation when the "super team" mentally beckons.

12. FroMan

FroMan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Durantula went King James. I hate super-teams.

13. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I could be completely wrong, but I don't think it's going to work. GS had the best team chemistry I've ever seen. They were a rhythm team that fed off each other. Now they have to find ways to get Durant his touches on offense. Less touches for curry and Thompson... I don't know. Sometimes two plus superstars on a team isn't a great thing.

14. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just the ways of the NBA. Players and teams have been doing it for a long time. I don't like it but I also don't like the NBA.

OKC is in trouble, though. They have one more year of Westbrook and nothing after that. That franchise hasn't been without those two guys since moving from Seattle. So, this will be the true test of fan support.

15. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lebron did it first (to a grotesque level) and in some ways again going back to Cleveland with Irving and Love....

.....it is sadly the way the NBA is set up nowadays. Some say it is dilluting the level but think of it this way going into the season this past year possible title holders were:

East: Cleveland
    West: OKC, Spurs, GSW and Clippers

This next year many say:

East: Cleveland
    West: Spurs, GSW and Clippers

What changed? Not much really....but as we've seen some other teams loading up I'd even argue the way the NBA is set up it doesn't change much on the top end as far as teams in the running what it changes is it will intensify the "have nots" at the bottom.

Just another reason to hate the NBA....lack of defense and lack of travel calls the biggest 2 though.

16. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whats the difference if KD or LeBron does it compared to Kevin Garnett, Shaq or Karl Malone? All are all time NBA great? Is it because KD is 27 and not 32? I fail to see the difference.

Sports are entertainment...everyone needs to calm down. It will be fun to watch.

17. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you're comparing the moves, Lebron went to a lesser team and people followed. Durant is moving to the better team. Not only the better team, but the team that literally just beat him in the WC Finals.

And yes, "The Decision" was awful. But other than that, Durant's move is "worse" if you are comparing the 2.

I, honestly, do not care. I don't see how it is any different than old veterans chasing rings at the end of their career. Malone, Garnett, etc all did it and we brushed it off as "just wanting to win" when they took less money to win a championship. Now it's seen as a "chump move".

18. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lesser team?

Yeah maybe the record was worse but joining Wade was not a "lesser" move. He left Mo Williams and...Ira Newble? Lol

19. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very true and more of a point I didn't add to my post. It's been happening just not to the frequency we are seeing now or in the player's prime. It's the modern NBA...people will either get over it or not.

20. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well...true. He wasn't going to win with that Cleveland team.

But Durant could and should have won this year with his OKC team. I think they were the best team.