The sinking ship that is the Cleveland Cavaliers...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Siman/OH, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The inferior competition we faced early on fooled us all. San Antonio, OKC and Golden State are all better teams, and unless LeBron goes full Michael Jordan for the next 2 weeks, the Warriors are gonna go down as the greatest team that ever played.

:cry:

2. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LeBron got to cut in line at Cedar Point when I was there, never liked him since lol

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One of the greatest....I cannot and will not say they were better than the Bulls team that had the record previously. Different style of play entirely and you weren't allowed 3 steps and 2 pivots EVERY time you touched the ball back then...also defense was played and played hard. **AND I was not a bulls fan by any means...and could be properly identified as a MJ hater...but I recognize greatness.

4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am one of few who absolutely hates the GSW... I cannot stand anyone on that team.

I wanted Lebron and company to take this.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Green really bugs me and would like to see him grow up maturity wise. The rest I don't get bugged by much.

6. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The cavs aren't a bad team but you're right, the east has good competition but the west has much better teams at the top. The spurs and cavs would have been a good series, maybe even the thunder and cavs.

The cavs just have no answer for the gsw role players. Love and Irving just aren't playing well, to their own standard.

7. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lebron could go Jordan and still lose. The Cavs aren't that good and Lebron's lack of leadership doesn't fit with that type of team.

But I love seeing Golden State hand it to them. And they'll do it again next year against whoever Lebron wants to sign.

The dude is a GREAT basketball player, but he also has to be coach and GM. That's where he fails miserably.

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Lebron has never learned the art of winning and losing as a team...because to quote him "I'm the greatest player in the world" type mentality.

9. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Basketball is all about peaking at the right time and momentum. The Cavs peaked earlier in the playoffs and unless they get out of this slump, they will lose and lose bad. The Cavs beat OKC 3 times and won 2 out of 3 against the Spurs this year so I don't want to hear that OKC and the Spurs are better teams, it's all about peaking at the right time. Golden State, as much as I dislike them, they are a better team, and are peaking at a convenient time.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I think Spurs vs Cavs would have been the "best" finals series. Spurs are a different beast in the playoffs.....crazy thing is if that Spurs team had a couple different coaches they'd of broke the regular season Win Record probably multiple times in the last 3 or 4 years.

11. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think the best Finals would have been what we already saw in the previous round of the Western Conference, OKC and GSW. James even admitted it will take a few years to get the right players and cohesion to take hold to get the Cavs into championship winning caliber. If he bails after this year, he's an all talk chump. Golden State took a few years to get Curry, Thompson, and Green to have the cohesion they have now and then got supporting players like Iguodala and Livingston. It wasn't a quick thing and has been in the works since 2012. The Cavs can still get there but they have a lot of work to do.

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Problem is GSW play as a team just like the Spurs of glory did...I just don't see Cavs being oriented in that fashion ever...unless they just STACK some star power to the point it is ridiculous. We will see...

13. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Meh......the Bulls only lost 13 that year......GS has already lost 14............:sad:

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well the Cav's are becoming the Buffalo Bills of the NBA, kinda sad but really not that emotionally invested.

15. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's hard being a Cleveland anything fan. I just want one championship in my lifetime, preferably NFL or NBA, but I'll take MLB even though it's the most boring sport in professional sports. Just something.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Spear does Cleveland have a WNBA team? That is about the only title the teams from Minnesota get to enjoy.

17. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not anymore, they went under about a decade ago. I've seen too many let downs between the Browns (when I was a kid), the Indians, and now the Cavs. All 3 main professional teams have made it to the playoffs and even the big dance and every single time they crap the bed.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Like the Twins getting swept by the Yankees in the playoffs, the Wild well are the Wild they make the playoffs and loose first round the Wolves are the Wolves.

19. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's like a curse or some weird Cleveland sports algorithm, we're not allowed to win. While I laid in bed last week before the Finals started, I even thought to myself, would I even be happy if the Cavs win the Finals? One championship in my lifetime may not even matter or be enough to make up for all the heartache and sucking so bad for so long. I started thinking about how much I love sports and watch NFL and NBA year after year but then I thought about it and it all just starts over the next season. It's a temporary happiness and such a tiny thing that would have absolutely no impact on my life. See, this is what happens to a Cleveland fan, you become stricken with sports philosophy and it sucks the fun right out of sports.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As a Kansas City sports fan that has also been a long suffering fan, I can attest to the fact that it really does make it all worth it when your team does what seems impossible and claims that championship trophy.