Game of Thrones Season 6

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Spear, May 5, 2016.

1. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm surprised there's no thread on this yet, or at least not one I could find. What do you think so far? Now that everything we see in the show is newer than the books, everything is speculation at this point. What do you want to see? What do you think happens next?

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really digging the season so far. It looks like several ****-storms are in the near future!

3. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed! I can't wait for the white walkers to come back into the picture. I think Tommen has his days numbered and Cersei will be the one to do it.

4. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It isn't completely new, the stuff going on at the Iron Islands happened in the books yet it wasn't covered on the series. The storylines in the books and series are on some very different paths now...though I like it. It gives the series the ability to speed up the timeline for some characters and take us in a vastly different direction from the books (like Dorne, WTH?).

I'm really curious on what direction the take Jon Snow, is he the result of Rhaegar and Lyanna? Or how about Tyrion, could he also have Targaryen blood in him? The dragons were definitely at ease with him.

This is going to be a great season...the only TV show I look forward to watching.

5. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I definitely think Jon is the son of Rheagar and Lyanna. I also agree that Tyrion is part Targaryen, especially after he killed his father and Tywin said "you are not my son" as he died (something along those lines). Maybe he just said it because he killed him and he disowned him, OR, maybe because he wasn't in fact his own son. I personally think one dragon will go to Jon Snow so he can fight the white walkers, another will find Daenerys and help her win over the Dothraki army and allow her to rebuild, and Tyrion will use one to fly out of Meereen since the fleet has been burned and he'll meet up with Daenerys to go to Kings Landing. Sounds far fetched but Daenerys had some sort of dream last season where it showed her in a Dothraki tent, at the wall, and at the throne in Kings Landing. I think it's a metaphor showing the path of each dragon, so I don't think that's too far fetched.

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love this show and I really like this season so far. I'm so glad they brought Snow back as he's probably my favorite of four favorite characters.
    I think Bran will get to ride a dragon as the One Eyed Raven told him he'd never walk again but he would fly. Maybe he'll worg control John's dragon or something. Maybe there's an ice dragon in the north that Bran will get.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  7. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After last night's episode, it is looking more and more like R+L=J is probably true...but this series has been known to throw curves out there. Arthur Dayne wielding two swords was unexpected, but he definitely kicked some butt. I also loved JS's parting comment, something tells me he will be leading an army soon.

8. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it was good. I was a little disappointed about Rikkon and his wolf but not all that surprised. I'll be so damn glad when they kill off that Ramsey Bolton character...

I almost think it's a given about Johns parentage at this point. If not then the show is going to risk turning completely nonsensical. I liked the tower of joy flashback and thought it was really well done. Dayne was pretty awesome. I always thought it was really flawed that Ned Stark killed him when Dayne was supposed to be phenomenal with a sword so the way they played it out in reality made more sense to me. Ned was good but just not good enough to beat a Dayne character. I do wish they had done a little more justice to his sword Dawn but whatever.

I hope they make John Snow overpowered as crap from here on out...I get kind of tired of characters that are supposed to be badass being so emoje, whiny and flawed. I know many consider overpowering a character a cardinal sin of good literary practice but sometimes it's just flat out fun to have a superman like character.

9. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I knew JS was leaving the wall the second his eyes opened back up. Technically his watch was over the second he died. He better be the one to kill Ramsay Bolton.

I could not care less about shows that differ from their original books. I have zero interest in reading this series so the difference to me is moot.

10. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They're both good on their own, the books definitely give you added depth as to what is going on and why the characters think the way they do. I commute a minimum of 2 hours a day so I listened to the books...great way to kill time.

11. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm starting to think Jon and Sansa will reunite and take on the Boltons with the help of the Wildlings and other factions of the North who had allegiance to the Stark's. I'm not sure if Davos will come into play there or not. Theon will definitely go back home and probably vie to lead the Iron Islands. I still think Cersei is going to kill Tommen and House Tyrell will go to Kings Landing to free Margaery from the Sparrow dudes. What I am curious about, where is Petyr Baelish during all this?

12. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WOW...this episode was awesome. Hodor.

13. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought it was going to be a slow episode but I was wrong. Really enjoyed that one.

14. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Easily my favorite episode this season so far. Everything is starting to come together to conclude the story.

15. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I loved it and hated it....winter is coming and Summer is dead...

16. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So who finds Bran? Will it be Brienne as she rides to the houses of the north? Will it be Sansa and Jon? Will Bran take control of something/someone else? I think Bran's and Daenerys' story-lines are over for the season and will probably conclude with the battle for Winterfell and the shenanigans going on at King's Landing. It's going to setup for one heck of a conclusion to the story.

17. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I think uncle Benjin will find Bran and Meera and help them get back south of the wall, maybe reuniting John, Bran and Benjin all in one move. Brienne probably won't find Bran because all the houses of the north are south of the wall. I think someone will have to find Bran and Meera north of the wall for them to escape, I can't see Meera being able to get Bran all the way out of there without some help of some sort.

18. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good point, I forgot they were on the other side of the wall. They will probably just go to the wall and be found there, and then Bran will be the one to stop the white walkers at the wall (or at least help fight them).

19. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    The preview of the next episode looked like Bran and Meera were getting tracked and about to get caught by the Wights, I don't think they'll make it to the wall without some sort of miracle.

Martin has said that Benjin is still alive in the books at this point. I think they will give Cold Hands part to the Benjin character in the show with a few changes. He may get killed saving Bran though.

20. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did everyone like the battle of the bastards? I hated seeing the giant die but Sansa smiling with satisfaction after walking away from Ramsey getting mauled by his hounds was awesome. I'm also glad Daenerys finally got back to her ruthless self, her story was completely boring me until now. Great episode!