When is the right time to declare martial law in Chicago?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Mar 2, 2016.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Chicago on track for deadliest year in nearly 2 decades | Fox News

102 deaths this year already and 475 people have been shot!

It IS a warzone. People are not allowed to freely exercise their Constitutional rights due to the violence from street devils. Public officials don't have the power to stop it because they are hamstrung by potential lawsuits and the current state of affairs of anti-police rhetoric on so many levels.

Send in the troops? Something has to be done and please don't say education, and please don't say wealth re-distribution in any form. The animals and scourge of society act out because they want to, it is a choice.

I say send in the military to enforce curfew, and if the bad guys want some action, then give it to their butts. If the City of Chicago doesn't like it, who gives a damn. Then change your behavior or be treated like a rabid dog.

[​IMG]

2. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sometimes violence actually is the answer. That's all that some of these fools understand, so give them what they think they want. It won't take long for them to realize that they don't want a real fight on their hands.

3. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Under no circumstance would I ever support martial law in America.

4. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Neither would I, but he's talking about Chicago.

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    NO to Martial Law.

Especially not with this president.

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The fools up there brought it on themselves by fifty years of democrat governance, let that fire burn itself out.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No for martial law, but Chicago is the poster child for why more gun laws/restrictions won't work.

The flip side is its the same argument for no guns. I then point to how well things worked out in Venezuela...

8. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I work in Chicago and appreciate having the right to carry. I do not want Martial Law where I need to defend myself:)

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah funny how nobody ever calls them on their crap, Chicago and Detroit templates of utter democrat failure.

10. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not a fan of Martial Law but I do agree something needs to be done. Why would the Democrat's want it to change? These are the un-educated people that vote for them, you educate them, get them jobs then they don't vote for more taxation. The endless cycle of poverty is what the Dems bank on.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is not the political correct opinion, but nobody ever accused me of being politically correct. I don't care what happens in Chicago. I know we are supposed to be compassionate and all that other BS, but I just plain don't care. They have chosen to live that lifestyle so I just don't care. 95% of the shootings are gang related and they are just killing each other off. No sweat off my back. Maybe someday they will realize they are only hurting themselves and stop the foolishness, but until then I know there's nothing I or anyone else is going to be able to do to change their ways.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is my problem with the BLM movement, they demand to be treated with respect by the police when these people can't even treat each other with respect. Killing each other, raping each other, robbing each other.

13. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed out loud when I read that. You can't fix stupid but you can get it's vote.I think the police need to be more proactive instead of reactive I know it's a tall order but something has to change.

14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Chicago became UN-American a LONG TIME AGO!

**Just to be clear I don't think martial law would accomplish anything other than get good men and women killed. I say if Trump gets elected we build a wall around Chicago and Detroit...Sign upon entrance would read:

Enter at own risk as the city you are entering believes in citizens not having firearms for protection and EVERY other liberal concept to life. ENJOY YOUR STAY...and if you do please don't re-enter America!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  15. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My son's met in Chicago last weekend for a concert and I worried about them the entire time. To make matters worse, my oldest son was just leaving Chicago on Sunday and his alternator went out and he had to stay an extra day to wait for repairs. Not good.

We used to go there once or twice a year to visit the museums and galleries and enjoy some great food. Now, I don't really care to ever go back. Good thing that guns are not allowed there. It sure seems to cut down on the crime. :ninja:

I don't understand why the GOP does not make a poster child out of the city of Chicago as proof positive that the liberal agenda is doomed for failure. I say, let them wallow in their own filth until they reach the tipping point and clean house.

16. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My friend Wildey is coming.

- Paul Kersey

17. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I remember my great uncle who was an officer up in the Detroit area telling me about Martial Law in Detroit as a result of the 1967 riots. He had some comical stories about it but he let it be known it was not a fun time. It was dangerous for everyone as there are no lines drawn in the sand to show who is who, everyone is just there. Imagine curfews with no safe means of travel, rampant muggings, rape, murder, and vandalism, and a shortage of food and basic necessities. It's a perfect example why living within 20-30 miles of a city is the last place I want to be. Places like Chicago, Detroit, and New York are prime examples of what happens when it's controlled and run by liberals, it's a breeding ground for failure and the cycle will not stop until they implode and burn the city down themselves.

18. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd just answer with this, I really don't care what happens up there. Pretty much the same way they don't care what happens down here in central Illinois. They made their bed so they can fix it or let the city destroy itself.

19. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Once it implodes on it'self the people that made it that way have to go somewhere and destroy the next city. The need to stop the cycle of poverty doesn't seem to be in any political agenda that I see. The only thing I see is both sides really what to redistribute the middle classes wealth to the poor but not the upper classes wealth.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I don't want to sound like I am defending the democrats here but I think any area that has single party control for an extended period of time there is going to the same kind of issues. I wish I could come up with some large city examples of republican failure but nothing pops into mind.:o

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016