Problem With A D BAG Neighbor

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a neighbor that is a real D BAG and we haven't talked in years. We have a dog that stays in our yard I would say 95 some percent of the time and when she leaves our yard it is usually to go to the other neighbor when they let their dog out. She has never even crossed the street unless walking with my wife. Here is the problem there are a number of dogs that go through the neighborhood and my neighbor used to throw any dog crap that was in his yard in our yard. I didn't really like it because I don't think it was our dog but I just dealt with it and we cleaned it up just in case some was from our dog. We go out to pick up dog poop every couple of days even in the winter. My wife will even pick up in his yard if she see's any even if she saw another dog do it. For the last few months he has went from tossing it in our yard to throwing it in the driveway, against the garage, even into the garage if the door was open but the latest thing we found when we were picking up a couple days ago was up on the roof. Just curious what I can do about the situation and if that would be considered vandalism? Talking to him really isn't an issue because it would not turn out good from a past problem. My other neighbor who's dog is in his yard a lot said something, and he said he would keep on doing it.

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't let your dog run unattended. Then there is no question that the crap in his yard isn't from your dog?

3. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you didn't want to risk the lawsuit and criminal charges with just punching his nose up through the front of his brain, I'd call the police the next time you find it like that and have them come investigate.

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Set up a Black Flash trail cam on video mode and catch him in the act. Then call the cops and see what your options are. I would mount it over the garage on the roof pointing downward.

5. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have anything useful to add so I'll keep my opinions to myself on this one because what I'd do would probably land me in jail.

6. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd go with the video option. Setup a few to cover all around the house to document his actions. Not sure about vandalism, but sounds like a sure case of trespassing.

But if you are going to make a stink about it, make sure your dog is staying in your yard because he may try to retaliate.

7. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The dog doesn't just run when ever she wants. She is outside on her own maybe a few minutes a day. We also call her if she goes to that side of yard.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep video and put it on Facebook.

9. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Contact the police/authorities and ask them for advice on how to deal with the "nice" neighbor.
    The trail cam evidence might be a good piece of evidence to have to protect yourself.

10. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    exploding paint bomb

11. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like Rick James said take her out on a lease or put her on a run. Then no way she is in his yard. Then use the video Sam mentioned to record him doing his deed to be sure its him. I would not call 911 as its not an emergency but I would call the local Sheriffs department as soon as possible and discuss with them. This is a domestic dispute per se and have a funny way of impacting both parties if it escalates. Good luck buddy.

12. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Set it on fire and throw it back. :biggrin: Might not be the best choice of action but sure would be fun.

13. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Inside a paper bag on his porch and pray he doesn't have cameras.

14. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well he is definitely harassing you. my neighbor started crap with me and I cost him a $50,000 septic system. HAHAHA. I am a contractor and since he wants to be an idiot everytime he violates building codes I turn that SOB in. needless to say he leaves me alone now. helps I am friends with all the inspectors and officials. too bad you couldn't turn the tables legally against him like I did to my neighbor.

15. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good one tc. Glad that I don't live near you!!!!

16. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The trail cam might also serve a tool for determining who the culprit is. Then call the d bag out evidence in hand.

17. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another vote for camera. Or get an 8x10 of Pat mooning that camera and mail to him.

I don't like people.

18. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dump liquid manure on his windshields or be civil and put up fake or real video cameras so he can see them than he'll probably behave himself.

19. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Time for a privacy fence on that side of your yard.

20. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well he asked for it . he just kept needling at me for a while then I just got fed up with his crap. he has problems with all the neighbors. what pushed it over the edge is when he had his punk kid was driving golf balls at my house. it's no holds barred now. he knows if he gets out of line again it will cost him. I wish he would just move. my other neighbor had to kill his pitbull on the road before it ripped off his leg. that was a big ordeal.so it isn't just me with this idiot. but you and I would get along fine I'm sure.lol