Ok Guys How Far Is TOO FAR???

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For the most part this forum is about as civil as a hunting forum can be, but there is the occasional thread that gets out of hand. There is no doubt that some comments are made and you feel the need to let the person know they are an idiot. I know I have been involved in a few of these although I have tried to keep it to a minimum for a while now. But how far is too far? Obviously we can not use any profanity, I thinking using terms that offend others like retard should be off limits too, but again how far can we push it before expecting to get a time out or banned? To me it is pretty simple you can call me whatever you want I don't really care. If you go over a line with someone that I consider a friend here I will try and make you mad without crossing a line. To me the second you bring in a family member and say anything hateful about a persons family, especially their children that is it and should be an instant ban. RiverBottom that is multiple times that you have mentioned that a members son was gay. I don't know if that information is true and honestly I don't care!!! This is going TOO FAR!!! If someone wants to be a tough guy hiding behind his computer screen and make disparaging comments about the children of any member here they should do us a favor and head to AT.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed

3. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We'll see how today plays out. I'm feeling particularly punchy...

I love how 50% of the folks say we are too heavy handed, and the other 50% wish we'd ban half the newbies. Just remember that the "grab your pitchforks" mentality usually turns out bad for ALL parties involved.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So it's too early to light the torches?

6. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz I dont care if it is a newbie or someone who has been here from the begining, if you make comments about a members Child you deserve what's coming.

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He stalked me on Facebook and told me my son was gay. He made veiled threats about me having a hot wife. He threw out personal information. He threatened me by using my personal info. That thread was simply torched. I leave him alone for weeks because I think he is unstable and then he calls me a d-bag out of the blue. In his world, I should be embarrassed to have a gay son. As if I would not still love my child or as if it would make us lesser people. Sorry river, but he is not gay, as if I would care. My oldest won a Division 1 National Championship yesterday. I'm sure you already knew from stalking us. Let me know when you raise a National Champion.

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ... one of the reasons why some of us spend so little time there. Fitz and others generally do a good job of keeping order.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch, as contrary as you and I have been in the past I think that you have shown much more class and restraint than many of us could. It simply is not acceptable to make the comments or commit the personal fouls that the river bottom has.

10. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    True. However, there are avenues that can be taken that don't involve getting in online pissing matches with people. It seems that every time it's the same handful of people involved. Every Time. At some point they lose their claims of innocence.

For now, there is no reason to give River a second thought. He's gone.

11. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good part of the reason I don't participate much on here any more. Too many bullies and at the same time too many that like to grind their axe. Gets real old....

12. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The moment you utter a word about someones family being banned from a forum should be a given and the least of your worries. I agree ... that is the line and it shouldn't be crossed. No excuse for it.

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Truthfully, I've barely been on here since late November. Now that the holidays, ATA & deer season are over, I'll be more connected. PM's to me will be more effective than calling someone an asshat.

14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Sota, we sparred with some fashion of intellect and sport. Out of mutual respect. Like punching your buddy in the arm. It was tongue-in-cheek and harmless. Irritating friends is half the fun of having them.

15. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wayyy to heavy handed....need a lot more spice and fun reading on here. I think you're all gay, lol.

16. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Asshat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So put away the torch?

18. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. To be honest I haven't been checking threads as carefully since my son was born. Life is a bit busy. I've yet to receive a PM from anyone regarding issues (and not just this one). Taking it out on the forum is never going to end well.

19. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hope that no one takes my jabs as being serious. I do take shots especially if you leave yourself open for a funny.
    I agree whole heartedly that too many keyboard junkies think that they can be powerful behind their screen and I for one am glad that this forum has stayed on the calm side.

Once again to all of you that I have poked fun at...... it was meant as just that....... FUN!

20. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ... For now.

[​IMG]

Tags: