Lovie Smith fired and.......

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Jan 7, 2016.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Of course it HAS to be racism. There isn't another explanation. I'm so sick of listening to the sports talk shows and analysts. I used to be able to tolerate Stephen A Smith on first take. As well as others. Now it seems like any subject they talk about somehow turns towards racism and being unfair to blacks. It's really getting disgusting!

Maybe it has something to do with an 8-24 record the last two years? Seems more plausible to me. Maybe the OC is moving up into the head coach job? Maybe they are going with an offensive minded instead of defensive philosophy with Winston? Who knows what the reason. I just find it very hard to believe (picture this conversation) front office people are sitting around discussing getting rid of Lovie and having any possible innuendo of being black any reason for it. Why would ya hire him in the first place if that's the case? For the record there were 6 white coaches (so far) that were fired as well. Where's the outcry?

Rant over ...

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I understand the move, I also think it is a bit early considering all the rookies that were starters this past season. Poor lovie he get's 10 million to help him get by till his next coaching job.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So tired of the racism bullcrap and racial statistics. I took my son to the doctor today and the receptionist called me up saying, "I need to ask you a few questions in private for the affordable care act"...." what would you consider your race and yours son race?". I just stood there without saying a word as a room full of people with varying races and cultures looked at me. After about 5 seconds of not saying a word the receptionist knew I wasnt happy. Then she said, "or you can decline to answer". I kindly told her I knew it wasnt her fault she was asking such a stupid racial statistics question and that I would decline to answer any race based questions.

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would have said, "American".
    Eventually we're going to have to get back to the "melting pot" mindset or fall divided. This perpetual divisiveness the left keeps pushing is the definition of unsustainable.

As far as Smith goes, the people saying it's racism are the racists. A team canning an underperforming coach, employee or player is business, no room for even making an unsubstantiated claim of racism.

5. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is getting tiring not just in sports but in every day life. I am tired of hearing racism thrown out as often as it does. There would probably be more black coaches if every time one got fired people didn't scream he was fired because of racism. The thought has to go threw an owners mind that if he hires a black coach and it doesn't work out he is going to catch a lot of criticism that he wouldn't if he fired a white coach.

6. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought Lovie deserved to be fired after the 2014 season. Stephen A Smith is a tool...I change the channel anytime he is on tv

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Steve A Smith needs to be fired bc he creates racism. BUT he makes money so ESPN and the likes sell their souls to the devil to make some cash. Screw them.

8. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stephen A Smith, Al Sharpton, Spike Lee and Jesse Jackson all have used the race card to line their pockets. The sad thing is they are 4 of the biggest racists I can think of.

9. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think Tampa Bay is being smart getting rid of a coach that isn't winning to keep a young coach with potential which doesn't happen very much. I wish the Vikings had the balls to do this and fired Childress and kept Mike Tomlin!

10. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    80% of athletes seem to be black so how could anything racial even come up? If anything white guy's are getting the short end of the stick nowadays in the world of sports.

11. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They hired him in the first place. Guess they were not racist then. WTF

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Check the PGA, plus they make more money on the average, for some reason golfers get more endorsement deals.

13. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would bet the average income for serious golf fans is substantially higher than the average income for the NFL fan.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of these days the race baiter's will learn the lesson of the little boy who cried wolf. One day there really will be an instance where someone in one of these high level positions will lose their job because they were discriminated against, but because they have cried foul every single time a minority gets fired, nobody will take their claims seriously. If Lovie Smith had produced a winning record and they fired him, then maybe I could see there being something to look into, but the NFL is the model of a performance based employment.

16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Race aside... It's a results driven league - Lovie didn't produce those results.

17. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I disagree. It will never get old for the media and pop culture.

18. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    True, but they don't have any real power if the people don't listen to them. Eventually you would think the mass population would get tired of the media constantly trying to shape their opinions and thoughts and they will develop some of their own. That might be too much to ask to for the low information masses, it might be too late.

19. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You are asking too much. The people that are going to get sick of the race baiting already have.

20. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately you are probably right. Our culture has allowed the below average crowd become the majority and now they have more power than ever before. Well on our way to Idiocracy.