Germ and the Gov of Michigan

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So here it sits 9-21 and I have still not got my Michigan tax return back. I was audit because for the past three years I worked in Ohio and paid a city tax. There is a reciprocal agreement between the two states, where if resident of mi pays Ohio income tax, they get it back and vice versa. So I get a large return.
    So i got a notice last Friday my return was not going to be reviewed until Dec. So I started making phone calls, a citizen can't get through to the tax people at all. It's the biggest cluster I have ever seen. So I call my rep, no call back from him, worthless.
    So yesterday, I said screw it, I looked up the gov number and called it. A lady answered, "this gov office", I ask if I could speak to governor, she said hold on and transferred me, phone rings. At this point I was sure I was getting a service to leave a message, but nope the Gov answers the phone, I was floored. I said I have tax issue I can't get resolved. He ask what's the issue, I replied you have my money and I want it back. He chuckled and passed me off to an assistant. Who put me in touch with a real person in the tax office. Who called me back this morning, and I have my money back:)

My biggest issue MI does not pay a dime of it, it comes from Ohio, so buckeye thanks for my money back!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously, the Gov did not want you walking into his office in a pink t-shirt. Winning!

4. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You're welcome. We do what we can to help the less fortunate Wolverine fans! ;)

Glad to hear you got your money and at that speed! Always good news and a good ending.

5. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Name dropper.......