Absolute lack of parenting in todays society

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Dec 21, 2014.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am not the best father I can tell you that for sure, however I give it my best effort.

Short story from today. My daughter had a basketball tournament in a not so good area over the weekend. Well I had my two younger kids out in the car with me today and our new puppy, minding our own business watching a little kids show on the computer. A dad and what appeared to be his two sons who were maybe 18 and 20 years, walked our way toward their vehicle. Well the younger son pulls up his sweatshirt up over his face and walks real close to my car like he is going to "jack" me and my family. What he doesn't know is he had a 45 caliber pointed at his *** through my car door as soon as he stepped within 10 feet of my family with that friggin mask on. He then proceeded to laugh real hard and his brother laughed like they scared some suburban dad with kids. I stared at them and realized they weren't trying to do anything and thought it would be funny to try and scare me and my kids. The DAD did nothing. Nothing. I would have punched my son in the mouth and left him to walk home on his damn own. Friggin pathetic parenting these days.

The real funny part is THEY did not know what danger THEY were in when they approached a guy with two little kids and a puppy just minding their own business.

Man I swear I could go on but will refrain.

2. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's pretty pathetic what some people let their kids get away with. I completely agree with whooping his *** and making him walk home. Sadly though, I think that more and more parents are fine with their children acting like this.

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure I would of door checked him, then got out and proceeded chewing out the dad for his kids being idiots.

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yup....

5. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    As they walked away another carload of 4-5 dudes pulled up with them. Win the war....

6. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sad times we live in. Glad you didn't have to shoot, your kids don't need to see that.

7. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kids need their @$$ whooped coming from a kid that got their @$$ whooped more than once.

8. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just had this conversation with a buddy today. It is a disgrace how a lot of kids are raised. I don't care where you are from and whether you come from money or not. We need to get back to raising our kids right and part of that was a sense of fear of your father, that he would whoop your @$$ if you did something wrong. The sense of entitlement, everyone is equal and a winner and its not your fault BS is ruining this country. It sounds like those 2 kids needed more discipline.

9. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As he stepped toward the car with the mask on I would have brought the gun into view.

I personally don't like the idea of concealed cary. I much prefer the idea of wide open, better think twice, don't make me pull, cary.

10. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well said. I agree.

It's a sad sad world of parenting out there.

11. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My 13 year old cousins have already smoked weed, drank and been in trouble with the law, I honestly can't stand todays youth and im only 24. My female cousin came up to me recently at a family event and told me that she was more manly then I would ever be....I let her know her beiber haircut wasn't intimidating lol.

I blame it all on social media!

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are no words for how disgusted I have become with society. It starts at the top and trickles all the way down. I just hope that some day the quiet majority decides to wake up and let our actions speak for how we feel.

13. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have two daughters four and seven. One of the agreements my husband insisted on when we married was that I would raise our children the way I was raised. My mother was very strict. When we go out to a store, or whatever, the younger holds on to my skirt and the older holds her hand. They don't run around and they don't beg for candy or toys. They have learned to pick out our fruits and vegetables. My older daughter can cook about as well as I can and the younger one is learning. If we are buying clothes or shoes, I pick some selections and then whoever they are for gets to choose. They always obey me or their father without question. They call me mama unless they want something special. Then they call me okaasan so I know it's important. They love to fish and they are both learning to hunt.

Some people tell me I'm too strict. I don't care what they think.

14. Sswpriz

Sswpriz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    These are some of the same parents who will scream police brutality or protest, or march on city hall when their non disciplined child gets either shot by the police, arrested or thrown in jail because they did something that was illegal, immoral, and just against the rules of common sense society !
    Again it all boils down to the fact of where were the parents when their kids were growing up ?

15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    You sound like a good mom in my book.

16. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They profiled you, call Jessie!!!!!

Being you and I support them, you should have jacked them

17. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Parenting is the #1 reason for issues in society....well and sin.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sin, that word means nothing to feral youth.

19. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you. I do my best. I'm not a Christian. I follow the religion, and the child rearing precepts, of my ancestors. But the Bible offers excellent guidance on raising children, along with respect for parents and elders. Check Proverbs 22:6 for example.

20. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder how much we would have laughed if he saw a red dot floating on his chest...