Facebook etiquette question

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by cmonsta, Dec 15, 2014.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Facebook etiquette question. So if someone you do not know posts something and tags a friend of yours, and that posts ends up in your feed, is it ok to like that post/picture? Example, my friends girlfriend who I never met tagged my friend in a picture of his unborn baby. Is it ok to like that picture even though the actual post is by someone I do not know? I normally avoid doing it because does seem like I might come off annoying, and I did once see a friend get mad at a person once for commenting on a picture in a similar situation. So hat are your thoughts? Dumb question Im sure, just curious others thoughts and feelings on the subject.

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't sweat it. If people don't want other people to see their pictures then they can change the privacy settings. Besides, I'm sure the person will appreciate the 'like'.

I suppose if you liked a pic of the friend's scantily clad girlfriend... Your significant other might get bent out of shape. ;)

3. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "LIKE" it John... then suffer the consequences if there are any. :lol:

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think a "like" is acceptable from anyone. It's the arguing and bashing from people outside the persons group of friends that irritates people.

5. Rich71

Rich71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a user of Facebook but have always been under the assumption that it is a social tool. Why would you post something that you didn't want people to "like"? If it has to do with your friend and you like it, let them know.

6. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, I like really hate that, I mean like, I really really do

7. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's a social network - if they didn't want it aired publicly they wouldn't have posted it on the internet. Simple as that. "Like" away!

8. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

this happened to me several weeks ago after the Chargers beat the Ravens...I have many Raven fans friends and I love Phillp Rivers...I tagged all my Raven fans and said sorry for the loss but you all know I love the fire that Rivers brings game in and game out....I had a girl who is friends with 1 of my buddies basically cuss me out and call me out....I was shocked, don't even know her and it was my post...learned my lesson, I wont tag people again lol