Ray Rice is gone!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by patinthehat, Sep 8, 2014.

1. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ravens terminated his contract. I hope no other teams pick him up. Heck with this new video out, they might be able to actually arrest him now. Not sure how that law stuff works.

Baltimore Ravens cut Ray Rice after new video surfaces - ESPN

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    More than likely done for his career.

3. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. This is something I think they should really crack down on and I think professional athletes should be held to a higher standard. Mostly because of the fact that there are so many kids out there that look up to them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    you can take the boy out of the hood, but never take the hood rat out of the boy.
    good for him, hope he gets the jail time he deserves too !

6. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Vick ? Lewis?

7. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah no kidding.
    They could have a all star team called the " Convicts"
    Par for the course in the National Felon League.

8. Djfan

Djfan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There is no way on God's green Earth that Roggie (no)Goodell did not see this video prior to this. Even if he hadn't seen it, he did know what took place, as RR was honest with him, by all accounts, even now. Goodell is a putz and a tool on a good day. He is just probably glad that the stink of that lamo two game suspension is now off of him.

This whole thing stinks. Had TMZ not released the video, the two game suspension would have been all they wrote, EVEN THOUGH THEY LEARNED NOTHING NEW BY SEEING IT. Goodell is ruining the NFL.

9. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's sad that the investigator's who gave him the "probationary" sentence didn't see this video, and lock him away.... They are certainly not going easy on the female health aide who they busted with a gun and arrested because her PA gun license isn't recognized as valid in NJ!!! Nothing like a 3 yr mandatory prison sentence for a hard working blue-collar person, yet a slap on the wrist for a professional thug-athlete....

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just surfaced that the NFL was given the tape months ago. I think there is something fishy here. Why? I will explain. The NFL gave him a 2 game suspension for everything that went on. Like Mike Lupica said months ago, it is obvious what happened. She was conscious going in the elevator and unconscious when she came out. Now, after a HUGE public out cry over Rice only getting a 2 game suspension, the league revamped their policy to 6 games for the 1st Offense and a Lifetime ban for the second. Ok, this is Ray Rice's first offense! The worst the league should have done was come back and increase his suspension to 6 games. The NFL and the Ravens knew there was a fight between them. That is why charges were brought against him. Ray Rice was disciplined according to the rules in place at that time by the NFL. To come back and suspend him indefinitely as if he was a repeat offender is wrong. The Ravens forced the NFL's hand by doing what they did and the NFL has really messed up! This is going to blow up in their faces BIG TIME and I hope it does!

11. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    how bout this fanasty team

QB- Michael Vick
    RB- Lawerence Philips
    RB- Maurice Clarett
    WR- Donte Stallworth
    WR- Brandon Marshall
    TE- Aaron Hernadez
    WR-RB- Ray Rice or Larry Johnson

this would be a high powered criminal exciting fanasty team

12. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice !
    but you forgot the team captain...murderer Ray Lewis

13. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No defense would be complete without Leonard Little.

14. Michigan Man

Michigan Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your forgetting Plaxical Burress. He was a good recieve try till he shoot his leg and went to jail on gun charges

15. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Plexiglass....I was going to mention him but figured his offense was self made..as he shot himself in the butt in that NY club lol..also dont forgot PacMan Jones either...$80,000 in a strip club in 1 night and things got carried away costing the bouncer to be shot and injured for life

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  16. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rae Carruth and Chad Johnson could be your 2nd and 3rd wide receivers.

17. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow thankfully I forgot about Rae Carruth... Wow I remember that vividly too....

18. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And sadly, now everyone is MAD a Roger Goodell, and wanting his resignation and wanting to put blame on him, and wanting to know why he hadn't seen the video before, etc....

How possibly can we see this video, then rather than be totally disgusted a with Ray Rice, want Roger Goodell's head???

And maybe it's something with football players named "Ray" or "Rae???" Also I think we forgot another former Raven Jamal Lewis with his drug dealing problems, and lest we forget Terrell Suggs and his antics with his wife???

I think we have a problem far greater than upholding the commisioner... You can take the THUG outta the Ghetto, but you can't take the GHETTO out of the THUG!!!

19. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be curious to see what the investigation on the handling of the evidence finds.

They DID have the video of her being drug out of an elevator unconscious. What did they think happened in there?

20. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not that it matters but I do think the NFL and their Brass (Goodell and Company) saw this very video and upon watching and seeing the video back in February the punishment that was in place then was a 2 game suspension, remember it wasn't much longer after that then a new punishment was set in place (and if I recall correctly what now it's a 6gm suspension for 1st offense, and banned for 2nd offense)....I really think upon this video coming out Tuesday that Goodell and the Ravens had to save face because of public out cry and thus released him and the NFL had thus suspended him now as well..so for that I feel Goodell should step down or as well be fired.

Also, I work in Bmore and in the paper yesterday Ozzie Newsome and even their Owner Steve Biscotti had different statements, Newsome stated that Ray Rice didn't lie to them and what they saw on the video is what Rice stated happened, but Biscotti stated that he was under the impression back in February that Rice by his statement to him that it was a open hand slap and that she fell and hit her head thus causing her to passout....so even the Ravens have conflicting stories here and there is a lot of smoke going on in Baltimore

When all the dust settles imho it's going to come out that the Ravens and the NFL way back in February knew and saw this very video...wow wouldn't wanna be them then...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014