NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Who do you want your team to get?

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am hoping the Vikes get one of the top corners and a linebacker.

3. Loggyjens74

Loggyjens74 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Vikings are terrible.

4. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hoping the Bears can find someone to help their D without paying them too much.

From what I've read they are going to make a strong push for the defensive end Bennett who played for the Seahawks last year. His brother is a tight end for the Bears, but I don't expect him to give them much of a discount for that.

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping the Bills re-sign Jarious Byrd and Stud Wide Receiver

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    First and foremost I'd like to see the Bears re-sign Tillman. He's not going to break the bank and what he brings to the team in terms of leadership both on and off the field is invaluable, especially considering the state of the Bears defense at this point in time. Letting him go elsewhere would be a big mistake IMO.

Second, I think the Bears need to look at parting ways with Peppers. I called it when they signed him - the guy was over the best years of his career and his numbers were already on the decline. At 18 million he's just taking up too much money and not giving enough production.

With Peppers out it looks like they are close to signing a deal with Bennett, which is great. He's young and very talented which is what they need right now.

Outside of that I'd like to see a linebacker or safety pickup of some sort. Maybe not an all-pro caliber player but someone solid who can get the job done.

7. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to see the Saints stop shedding all their offensive talent. You can't win with just Brees and Graham.

8. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would love it if he stays but I doubt they pick up Tillman. They want to move him to safety and he said no way. While we do need some good pass rushers we have to work on upgrading the safety position. What we have now doesn't cut it. I wouldn't mind seeing bennett but I think he is going to cost to much. I think we can fill the gaps with cheaper players and draft a pass rush.

9. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hope the Vikes go after a starting CB... Even though they may draft OK State CB, we still need a veteran.

Jarious Bird would also look very nice in purple.

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I need the Browns to steal Byrd (CB) from the Bills and get Tate (RB) from the Texans. I'm hoping Hoyer is the answer at QB and they get Watkins (WR) to go opposite of Gordon and a few DLs and LBs in the draft. They have the cap room and it's time they actually do something with it.

11. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd love for my team to not sign any over-the-hill players to huge contracts this year.

Also want them to keep Ware, paycut or not. He still has something left and will get back on track.

Some depth on the line would be nice but at a reasonable price.

Other than that, I just want them to stay quiet, something Jerry has a hard time doing. The 'Boys need to start building within the draft, not dump a ton of money into overpriced, average players.

12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's a negative Ghostrider...stay away.... you can't have him ...you already stole our Defensive Coordinator :biggun:

13. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Id like to see the bengals get rid of dalton and get a more experienced veteran qb but other then that maybe another awsome running back to go with bernard and get rid of green ellis.

14. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't Byrd a free safety anyway? The browns would go after a guy to play the wrong position.

15. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ..... rid of Romo, Garrett and Jerry Jones (in no particular order). Jerry getting rid of himself may be tough.

And if they don't retain Demarcus Ware I may not watch a single game this year.

16. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I dont want the Cowboys to pick up any free agents, they have a bad track record. Call me crazy, but I think Ware has been a shell of himself and unless he takes a pay cut, he needs to go. We need to draft some D-lineman and safety, along with a RB and WR. Find a way to keep Anthony Spencer and say "bye" to Hatcher and Miles Austin. I like the way the team is building its players, but the biggest thing is none of that will matter because our coaching staff is just horrible.

17. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll call you crazy lol. He is one of the best pass rushers in the game. The dude was banged up all season. Played when he shouldn't have been playing. He's a matchup nightmare.
    Running back is fine with Murray when healthy. I agree with the secondary. I also agree Miles Austin is a slug that got his payday after one breakout season and now seems to have an eternal hamstring injury. Put someone on the other side of the field to hook up with Dez and it makes that offense that much better (especially with Witten).

Coaching staff and entire front office? hmmmmmmmm none of the above may not even matter.

18. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let me add we need new strength and conditioning coaches. How many playerd can pull a hammy in one season?

19. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing that will help Dallas is getting rid of JJ, everything else is irrelevant with him still there.

20. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want my Pack to just take care of business within, sign cheaper fill-in role players in the 2nd wave of FA and not be the idiot big money spenders in the FA market...then let TT build through the draft like normal....big spenders in FA are flat out idiots, the success rate of big FA is similar to the chances of Ted Nugent going vegan...