Got cursed out today!!!!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by mrirbic, Mar 2, 2014.

1. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sunday 3/2/2014........ I wake up around 7:30am stumble to bathroom,handle my business,wash my hands ,brush my teeth.
    Staggered to the kitchen,start my java brewing..... Phone rings, "GM, I saw on CL that your looking for a bow???"
    I am I replied,"well I have a very nice bow for sale/trade", Ok what do ya have, "it doesn't have a name on it but I'll send you pictures" ok I reply...... a picture comes through and it's so blurry so I wipe my eyes and finish my 1st cup o joe.. called the guy back and explain to him how blurry the pic is so I ask him were abouts is he so I can see "the bow in person. He gives me details how to get to him, so another 5 minutes go by with him telling me how Great this bow is. I drive almost 45 minutes get there and he brings out this bow from the 70's that has a 2 1/2 foot stabilizer,splinters up n down the limbs. I can go on about what wasn't right with the thing..
    I politely tell him that this bow isn't for me. "Why what's wrong with it ? He asks.."so I explained it to him,nicely... that this thing is "JUNK" He says to me," I paid almost 200.00 for this and it's a nice piece."
    Then he says," oh all you Fers are just alike,wanting something for nothing,you no good p.o.s., you have me wait for you when I could've sold it...Blah,blah,blah.... so I get in my truck and he's still ranting as I drove away.....

Why do people take it out on someone because we won't by trash???

2. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let it roll off your back brother, dirt bags will be dirt bags.

The funny thing is if he really did pay $200 for it:lol:

3. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never go it alone or go public places with CL stuff.
    There is so much junk and deceptive people out there.
    Brush it off. You have a 50/50 shot with these deals.
    I have found some good things on CL but you need to be smart about it.

4. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's what's wrong with this generation. Wants something for nothing in return. Let it roll off your back. Just remember when you sell something nice someone will tell you your selling garbage to try and bring the price down. But what he had was trash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First mistake was driving 45 minutes to look at it with the guy refusing to identify it to you let alone supply a clear picture of it. He was out of line for getting mad at you and I'd probably have set him on his butt...but I don't go look at stuff to by without having a pretty good idea what I'm going to look at either.

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea gotta agree with everybody else, don't sweat it. Its in the things you deal with on CL or eBay. Funny he mentioned you wanting something for nothing when it seems like he wanted way more then what it was worth. He probably got screwed so figured he'd do the same.

Funny put this up though, today me and buddy drove hour and half or so to look at concrete bucket. The guy was the nicest dude you ever wanted to meet and of it wouldn't of been so cold out we woulda probably stuck around and bs'd. Anyway we were talking about this very same thing, how sometimes you meet some real doozies dealing on CL.

7. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not worth the aggravation of thinking about it. I know I would have been pissed if I drove 45 min to see a bow from the 70's.

8. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If your hard up for a bow I have one of be willing to sell. I see your a 28" DL and this Hoyt has the #2 cam so it will only go to 27.5". Not sure if the 1/2" will hurt too bad or not. Anyway it's a '07 (maybe '08?) Hoyt Vulcan 60-70#, not sure where your at in jersey but if you wanted to take the drive I would probably let it go for a reasonable price. PM me if you want to know any more.

9. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Family. I hear you all, I let it roll when I rolled out of his area. But I just wanted to share that.
    @ CoveyMaster, the funny thing is for something so little 5 years ago I would've put him on his Backstrap, but I guess my personal growth really is working.Not to mention that I'm now 42 going on 43 I am slowly learning how to ignore the BS.
    THANKS GUYS for the understanding.

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After I saw the bow and he told me he paid $200 for it, I would have told him, "Whoever sold it to you, owes you a $199." Don't let it phase you man, it was his loss, not yours.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  11. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You could have gotta call from this guy...

[video=youtube_share;rvMZ-dzz2Cg]http://youtu.be/rvMZ-dzz2Cg[/video]

12. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Aaron, you made my day... I can't stop laughing and my wife is looking at me like she should make the call to the funny farm and have me committed!!!!! "Give me your address, hold on let me get a pen" Hilarious!!!!

13. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Because nobody else will buy it.