Tuning Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MadMan, Oct 15, 2015.

1. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's my problem. I have a Elite Answer with a 28.5 DL 60# shooting Easton Bloodline 400 arrows with 100 grain FT. My rest is a QAD Ultra HDX drop away and my sight is a MBG Rush 5 pin sight. I'm currently trying to shoot 100 grain Grizz Tricks 2. I moved my rest & sight last season to get my broadheads sighted in. When I started shooting this year just moved my sight to get FT back dialed in. I figured my centershoot would be off and took my bow to a local archery shop last week. Had them check the center shoot and showed me that its was right on. Asked him what to do moving forward to sight in my BH's he suggested just move the sight don't touch the rest. I unfortunately didn't shoot any BH's before taking it in. So tonight I shoot a BH and its off to the left 4". Right now I have it were my FT are hitting 2-3" to the right and the BH's hitting 3" to the left. So here my problem my rest is moved as far to the left as possible when holding the bow as is my sight??? Do I move my rest to the left?? It would seem that this is my only option at this time. Looking for suggestions??

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you checked for contact? If no contact and your BH is hitting left you need to move your rest to the right slightly until the field points and broad heads group together.

What is your center shot measurement currently?

According to tune charts should be 7/8 - 13/16.

3. MadMan

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know. Could I measure this? When at the bow shop, they hooked up a laser apparatus and the dot was right on the center of my arrow.

4. Walbash

Walbash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yes, measure from riser to center of rest. I set my rest to center shot then yoke tune with broadhead's. some bow's don't have adjustable yoke's though.

5. MadMan

Dislikes Received:
    I measured, it was very close to 7/8 I moved the rest 3/32 to the right. Now my BH's are hitting slightly to the right and the FT are like 6-8" to the right. Think I'm gonna move my rest back to the left 1/32 and see what happens.

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Measure your arrow at the front of the shelf and at the back. Make sure it is the same distance. I know the shop checked it, but check for yourself. Once that is straightened out, using a field point and your 20 yard pin for all distances; shoot an arrow at say 5, 10, 20, 25 yards. Are they in line or does it look like an angle? This can help make sure if it is a center shot issue or other tuning issue with the you, the bow or the arrows.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015