Trophy ridge revolution arrow rest

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SMbowhunter, Sep 24, 2013.

1. SMbowhunter

SMbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone got a question about my new trophy ridge revolution arrow rest first of all works great shooting tighter groups and no problems with clearance at all my problem lies with the the rest not wanting to lock until I reach full draw. I can close it but the slightest bump and it opens and arrow fall out. Has anyone had this happen can it be tightened up or fixed or do I need to contact trophy ridge any help much appreciated

2. Revonoc6

Revonoc6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It isn't supposed to close up till full draw unless you do it manually. But if you do it manually you may wear out the finish on your rest. I used to close mine manually when I first got it and I could manhandle the hell out of my bow and it would stay shut. I would have it looked at, it may be defective. I also have a Trophy Ridge arrow holder on my shelf so that I don't have to close my rest and don't have to worry about the finish on the shelf or the arrow being marred by friction. Those help with silencing your draw also and run about $8 on Amazon. I hope this helps. The revolution is a pretty good rest and once you get it set up to suit you, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

3. Revonoc6

Revonoc6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  4. SMbowhunter

SMbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yep works great love it. I was under the impression that it is a full capture before you draw and you can let you arrow down slowly with out it poping, if I try to let down it pops open and my arrow falls out

5. Revonoc6

Revonoc6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can let down slowly, actually... not so slowly, and it will stay shut... maybe mine is the defective one. lol

6. Acts of the wolf

Acts of the wolf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^^ same here.

7. SMbowhunter

SMbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No u talked to trophy ridge and it's defective got a new one all ready no problems has any one hooked one up with out putting the timing line in the Bus cable and serving it? I no that ripcord comes with a little football clamp but I can't find one any other ways anyone have suggestions

8. SMbowhunter

SMbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Miss type I ment: No I talked to trophy ridge and it's defective got a new one all ready no problems has any one hooked one up with out putting the timing line in the Bus cable and serving it? I no that ripcord comes with a little football clamp but I can't find one any other ways anyone have suggestions

9. Revonoc6

Revonoc6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, mine is served into the bus cable. My pro shop did it for $5 and it took about 5 min. I would trust serving over a clamp.

10. T.McCormick

T.McCormick Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like your rest isnt set just right. If its dropping your arrow before you shot or just when you let it down it might not lock completely. Make sure when your arrow nocked and your rest down that the rest is close to 180 degrees from your arrow. This should give it the room to rotate an lock securely. The rest should not hug or hold the arrow tight untill your at full draw or manually push it against the arrow.