Target Sight for Hunting

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by blueicefire, Jul 19, 2016.

1. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who here has considered or is using a target sight for hunting? Something like the CBE target sights? Overall, I'm not super in love with my Spot Hogg Fast Eddie and there are weird quirks with it and most of all the other sights I see have them as well. So while at a 3d shoot this week-end with my daughter realized I kinda wanted more of a target sight rather than a hunting sight.

I mean basically, the sight should be fairly straight forward. Use a screw for up and down for distance ( I don't like multiple pins ), then a screw for windage. Then the 2nd and 3rd axis leveling stuff.

Overall, it doesn't sound like it would be that hard to piece a sight like that together or even make one myself. CBE's and other are basically all that for a seriously high price tag, which I'm not sure is worth it. Could probably build all that and just get a scope part for under 100 bucks and have a sight that would work just a well as those 450 dollar ones.

Thoughts?

2. graybeard

graybeard Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Might not be a target sight, but the best I've found for speed, ease of operation, visibility and accuracy for hunting is the HHA. I think I paid 180 bucks for it.

3. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea.. I thinking those are overly complicated in design. I have a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie and I'm really starting the not like the big wheel on the side. I like the idea of target sights with a screw that is used for elevation and windage rather than gears. I mean on mine there are like 20 different screws and levers and what not.

Why does it have to be that complicated? Maybe I'm over thinking it?