Question about HHA

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ybohunt, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking at some of Optimizer Lite modes and I noticed that on some models the sight only goes to 60 and on others it goes to 80.
    For example on the OL 3019 the tape reads to 80 but on the 5019 it only reads to 60.Could someone explane why they do that ??
    Thanks.

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think it is just a different tape. Sight come with 30(?) different tapes for different speed arrows. The 60 yard could be just for a slower arrow (like my 584gr) than the 80.

3. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There are two different ways to sight in your bow with an HHA. I believe the "60" tape you sight in at 20 and 40 yards whereas the "80" tape you sight in at 20 and 60 yards.

4. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The tapes are based on speed from my understanding. If you have a slower bow the tape may only go to 60 whereas a faster bow will go to 80.

5. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The guys above are correct. It will all depend on your setup. When you get it, you will sight in at 20 yards. Get it as close to perfect as you can. The more precise you are in doing this, the accuracy at other ranges will be better. Once you get it to be as close to perfect as you can at 20 yards make your mark on a blank tape or use the one provided. Then sight it in at either 40 or 60 yards. I do the 40 but you have to be more precise. once you get it as close to perfect as you can then in the package is a chart to use on selecting the proper tape. All you have to do then is line up the 20 with your 20 yard mark and then your all setup for all the other yardargs. My HHA on my No Cam HTR was 20-60 yards because it was a slower bow (242 fps)

I actually have a 30" target stabilizer that I use to get things really precise on my hunting bows. It helps me really hold it steady.

6. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OK I think I got it now,thanks

7. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The 20/60 sights you in at 100 yards, or at least it does on the king pin. If you do 20/40, you have to use the conversion table. You can not do 20/40 with the kingpin, the conversion chart doesn't work for the kingpin