HHA Kingpin Dovetail vs Standard

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by PAtoMT, Jan 3, 2017.

1. PAtoMT

PAtoMT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to get a new sight on my bow. I currently shoot the HHA Lite Ultra and I love it. I was thinking about getting the Kingpin but I can't choose between Dovetail or standard version. I don't shoot 3D a lot but I would to shoot more in the future. I shoot a Halon 6 at 70lbs with Easton Axis 300 spine (445 total grains). I'm open to shooting the Dovetail but is it worth it for hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I copied this from an earlier conversation I had with someone .. thought I'd drop it here ..!

"I will give some feedback on my HHA sight .. I have the "Optimizer Lite King Pin Tournament Edition XL"

I wear trifocals ... vision isn't what it used to be .. (Im Old) .. this sight is a big help in several ways .. I view everything thru the top lens of my glasses .. or the distance vision part ... that way ..I can see game and/or target clearly ... this results in a blurry sight pin .. (there is no way to see both distance & near clearly through the same part of my glasses .. that is just a fact of life as you age ..
    * with the xl globe just like a larger camera lens .. more light comes thru it .. thus making it better seeing conditions
    * with the dovetail mount .. I can move the sight out a little further .. thus making it just a little clearer than when it is closer .. compare this to someone who need to stretch his arm out as far as he can to be able to read with out his cheaters on .. same principle
    * with a single pin .. a single somewhat blurry pin ... centering that bright fiber optics on a clear target is a pretty easy task compared to trying to pick out one of the blurry pins out of a stack of them (that all seem to blur together) that would be on a multi pin sight
    * the xl globe also has more length of fiber optics wrapped around it. This makes for more light gathering surface to send to the tip of the pin .
    * I am a huge fan of the quality & precision of this sight as well .. with the dovetail mount I can remove my sight when packing it in a case for travel .. with the comfort of knowing it will be exactly in the same position when I put it back on ..

These little thing are major things to me .. ... "