Bowtech RPM 360 or Prodigy

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ctn830, Aug 22, 2016.

1. ctn830

ctn830 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any insight on the Bowtech RPM 360 for bowhunting? I hear it's a great bow but its' grip is not small like others? Is the Prodigy better? Unfortunately I cannot afford the BTX-31. My draw length is 27" and i usually have DW of 65 lbs.

thanks!

2. Tony.Loney

Tony.Loney Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went with prodigy. The rpm looses lots of speed at 27 inches . With the prodigy you truly have 3 draw cycles with one bow and at 27 inches the b t x 28 would be faster than the 31 by about 15 fps . But ry and shoot both rpm and prodigy and try it on all 3 settings it is very nice to shoot in the 3 setting. Much nicer than my elite e35 in mp opinion .

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had an RPM 360 and loved it. I have a 28.5" draw length and smooth and shot great. I actually liked it better then the Experience I had at the time too. I did take the plastic grip off and put Torqueless brand side plates on it.

4. ctn830

ctn830 Newb

Dislikes Received:

thanks

5. ctn830

ctn830 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would have never thought the BTX28 would be faster than the 31 at 27" draw length,. Wow!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  6. J.H.

J.H. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    it is...did someone say it wasn't?

7. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I preferred the Prodigy for the 7" brace height and the comfort draw cycle. It also seems to balance better in the hand at full draw. I found the RPM to be top heavy...they fixed that with the BTX. I owned an Experience and the Prodigy. I've shot the BTX and RPM 360 plenty. Grip is totally a preference thing. I think the Prodigy is more forgiving for bowhunting especially with those thick late season jackets and cold temps. Obviously the 6" brace height bows like the RPM and BTX will be faster. Good luck in your decision
    The Bowtechs are sweet bows

8. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Carbon Knight before my BTX 28 and the grip isn't really all that bad. From what I know, I think the Prodigy and RPM have the same grip. Depending on what you saving, it might be worth it to just go the extra $100 or so on the BTX. If the Prodigy has the same adjustable draw cycles as the BTX, it's worth it. You can shoot it all day and on the comfort setting, I'm drawing 10lbs more than I was with my Carbon Knight. I think either way you go you'll be happy. I love my BTX so if it's a possibility, I'd say think about it.

9. ctn830

ctn830 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    typo. i would NEVER thought....