bow model number

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Arny32, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Arny32

Arny32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey im wondering if anyone know's where the model number on a bear archery bow is.It says you take it apart but doesnt specify where it will show the model number.any input appreciated
    -thanks

2. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are you looking for the serial number?

The serial number on my Bear is located on a sticker that is on one of the limbs. It's easily found with out taking anything apart. If the stickers are gone, I am unsure where you find it otherwise.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  3. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My chill serial number on opposite side above grip, Bear I dunno ?

4. Arny32

Arny32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  5. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Neither of our Bear bows have the model number any where on the bow that is easily seen. Is there something specific that you are trying to find out about the bow with the model number?

If you know what Bear you have, the draw length, weight, right or left handed....you can figure out the model number.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Arny32

Arny32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    first im still pretty new only a couple months into this sport,well its kind of a long story but i had my bow worked on about 3 months ago he set the draw 70lbs or at least that is what he said. Now over the past month i realized my draw was getting easier thought i was just getting used to the 70lb draw.But notice my arrows weren't penetrating the targets as deep and the string was getting a loud thud when i was releasing it. I brought it back he said my draw was 55lbs ok something serious is happening.

They first thought it was my limbs you could see cracks on the paint not in the core material though. So after more research he came to the conclusion i dont have a 70lbs rating limb's there 60lbs through supposedly taking it apart and getting the serial number.

so now i would be only 5lbs off rather then 15lbs.Then told me that the strings stretched,now they recommended trying to throw new strings on and "seeing" if it helps. I still dont feel confident that its a 60lbs bow, i shot my buddys 60lbs and it was nothing to draw it back granted it is a newer nice elite bow but i feel like 70lbs cant really change that much from each manufacturer.I have a hard time believing that 5 pounds made that big of a difference.

Plus i was shooting 5575/400 arrows and realized i was overpowering them they would get a wobble and would always be low.Then i grabbed some 60-75/350 and got rid of the wobble and diving before any issues came up.
    I just dont want to waste more money in new limbs and string i would rather go buy another bow at that point.and feel like i might be taken for a ride.

7. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Call Bear and give them the SN. The can give you the model number & what limbs it has, or at least what they were when it left the factory. They can give you the part # for 70# limbs (& cost).

8. Arny32

Arny32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate the help, so here is where im at now called bear one guy said you have to take the bow apart to get the the number im assuming they would be under the limbs since thats the only parts to take off,i email bear as well just to get someone else some people can be lazy so always get a second thought. through the email turns out the only serial number is on the sticker with the draw weight poundage on the limbs uhhhh i dont have that lol. So i really dont want to buy another bow but i dont want to be sitting there wondering if it really lost 15lbs of draw and the guy at the shop didnt want to deal with it.I might just go get some limbs.if anyone has any other ideas identifying my limbs throw it on in i would appreciate it.
    thanks

9. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only other thing I can think of is checking the limb deflection numbers. Those numbers will be on the underside of the limb, in the limb pocket.

I personally don't know what limb deflection numbers go with what poundage, but some one will know.

10. Arny32

Arny32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Forgot i posted here just wanted to end the thread i found my problem.I had new strings put on i lost even more draw went down to 50lbs so came to the conclusion limbs where bad oh well. and also if you dont have a sticker on the limbs with the draw weight,you have to take the bow apart to get the deflection numbers that are written in marker as stated above.hope it helps someone

11. nwmono

nwmono Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sure it's not the new strings?
    Check your ata length and your brace height.
    If you don't know what they're supposed to be, get ahold of Bear. Give them the model name, they can tell you from that.
    Something sounds screwed up. If I were you, I'd eliminate all that I could before buying limbs that you may not need. jmo

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016