archery companies

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Scoobymccann, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Scoobymccann

Scoobymccann Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i am looking for reviews not on the bows, since thats more personal taste, but more on the company. how they handle it if your bow breaks, from usage, like limb failure. any company that produces quality products. i know mathews will handle the products when they break, but will other companies, like hoyt and elite, prime bowtech?

2. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm dealing with some issues with a bowtech bow right now. I took some pictures emailed them to Bowtech and then went to my pro shop and we then all spoke on the phone. I think the first guy at bowtech we spoke to didn't really understand what was going on.
    Spoke with a 2nd customer service guy at bowtech and I'm being told they are just shipping new parts.
    So while it was frustrating I had an issue and the first guy customer service guy either didn't listen or misunderstood ( I think he wasn't actually listening) Bowtech as a company is taking care of the problem, took 2 phone calls and 2 emails.

I think thats reasonable considering they aren't able to actually physically hold and look at the issue.

3. spartanhuntr

spartanhuntr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    G5 (Prime / Quest) is OUTSTANDING. They are totally cool with you calling them directly. My only issue is their dealer network is average. Some are great and some are ok. But, I have had two minor issues and both I called them directly and they sent me parts immediately for no charge, not a single question as to why I needed them. I just described the problem and they said this is what you need! Great company!!!

4. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Elite has a warranty that will transfer to a new owner. As far as I know, they are the only company who does that.

They also have a save your hunt guarantee. If you are on a hunt away from home and you have bow problems, they will overnight you a tuned loaner bow. Sight it in and you are good to finish your hunt.

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. Prime is great to work with but the Archery Shop I bought my Rival new from is more about selling Hoyt and Mathews. Good thing these Primes bow are bullet proof.

Kilboars Hunt Club

6. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bear Archery customer service is great!

7. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll second that, not a bow problem but Bear/Trophy Ridge accessories.
    on 3 different occasions, (1 my fault breakage, 1 extra quiver mount for on climber, 1 worn out string stop)
    1 call had new parts on my door within 3 days....FREE !

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  8. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hadn't heard of that before. That's an awesome policy.

9. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is impressive!

10. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know why they don't advertise it more. It's could be a very valuable perk under the right circumstances. The hunt guarantee covers anything that might put your bow out of commission.

The Elite Promise | Elite Archery

The fact that they aren't afraid to transfer their warranty from one owner to the next was a big selling point for me. To me is says that they are confident in the quality of the brand and that they will take care of ALL their customers. Even the ones that might not be able to afford the latest and greatest.

I call it proactive customer service. I haven't had occasion to find out anything about their after-the-sale service.

11. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't recommend PSE. It took 4 months to get limbs for my bow. That was a couple years ago. Called a bunch of times. Always said they would be shipping that week. Literally walked into the shop to buy a new bow and they had happened to come in that morning.

Also at this point my bow is old enough they don't make the limbs or cams for it anymore so getting parts now would be tough. Although I believe this may be an issue with everyone except Mathews. From what I understand they keep all the machining and molds from previous designs and keep some inventory on hand of everything they have built. Correct me if that is wrong.

From what I have read and talked to the guys in the shop about Mathews and Elite have the best warranties and easiest to deal with service out there.