Anyone ever shoot a bear venue?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wiscohunter, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Was thinking of picking one up. I've heard that they are very smooth and vibration free at the shot. Anyone have any experience with one?

2. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy has one, pretty smooth shooting bow. He had a chance to upgrade and didn't because of heach liked how the back wall on that bow is.

3. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Great bow! had one for about two months! had to give it up to pay for some medical bills but i would recommend it to anybody!

4. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Venue. Very nice bow and smooth draw. It has a fairly nice back wall. I thought that back wall was excellent until I bought an Elite but it's nothing that would make me not want to shoot it. Definitely vibe free on the shot.

My one and only complaint on the Venue is that it is a little rough on cables with a short draw length. A good set of aftermarket strings and cables definitely helps but I still need to reserve where the cable rolls over the draw length module more often than I should.

Can't go wrong with a Venue in my opinion.

5. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So it would definantly be an upgrade over the domain? I have a 29in draw do you think I would have a problems with the cables as well?

6. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't shot the Domain so I honestly couldn't comment on it being an upgrade or differences between the 2.

I don't think you will have an issue at all with a 29" dl. It's only a problem when you are near the short end. I have a 25.5" dl, which almost as short as it goes (24-31" if i remember right). I have heard the issue is worse the closer to 24" you are and non existent the closer to 31" you are.

I like my Venue so much that I am keeping it and continue to shoot it.