HHA Help.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wiscohunter, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought myself an hha slider 5019 for Xmas and went to sight it in today. Left and right was good, but the slider is almost all the way up at 20 yards. In other words the sight housing will barely go any lower. The housing is screwed in as low as it can be. Will moving my peep up help at all? I'd hate to have this sight and only be able to shoot like 35 yards with it.

2. swh5536

swh5536 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes moving your peep sight up will cause you to need to move the sight housing of the site up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. swh5536

swh5536 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That is usually the case with everyone that has ran out of room trying to move the site down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

4. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great thank you. I've heard hha has an attachment that can be installed to get the housing lower but I'm hoping just sliding the peep up a bit will do the trick.

5. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The peep should be where your eye is at full draw, and that is only one spot. Moving a peep with change everything about your hold.

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't move the peep. The peep should be where it needs to be for a consistent anchor. If you come to full draw and anchor with your eyes closed, once you open your eyes the peep should be where it needs to be already. That's where it belongs.

Can you take a picture of the sight? If you can share two pics from front and side of the sight I can talk you through how to adjust for the elevation you need.

7. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How high is the peep from your nock point now? There is no set in stone measurement but a lot of people fall into a certain area. I changed out limbs for my best friend the other day and put a new string/cable set on for him. He shoots with a lens and verifier or clarifier peep. He wasn't with me so I didn't want to tie in his peep 'cause I didn't know how high/low it needed to be. Plus he has his own press he could do that himself. I just served above and below but didn't permanently tie it.

We meet at the gym this morning and he says his sight is all the way up or down what did I do. I asked him if he reset the height of his peep. He hadn't.

A lot of people don't take the time to draw with closed eyes, find their anchor, get comfy and open to see where the peep is because they hate to let down after full draw. I hate it myself but make myself do it.

8. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    The problem is I recently got a new sting put on and when they put the peep on it was way too low. Partially my fault because I was there when he put it on and I told him it looked good but when I got to shooting my bow it didn't take me long to realize my peep is far too low. I can tell not only with the sight housing but my form and anchor are different as well.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  9. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry didn't see this post till this morning. Yes I can take a picture tonight and post it. Thanks for the help.

10. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_4695.jpg IMG_4696.jpg IMG_4694.jpg IMG_4693.jpg . Here you go rick James. This is where my sight is at 20 yards . As you can see it can't go up much further

11. bderrick6159

bderrick6159 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    U need to move the entire sight housing up. Take the 2 bolts off the side and move it up. Keep adjusting it till u get it where it needs to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

12. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Took it in today. My peep was over an inch too low. Easy fix.