PSE Omen clicking

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, Dec 30, 2016.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I have a question and wanted to see if someone could give me some advice to troubleshoot an issue with my bow. I shoot a 2013 PSE Omen Max at 29 dl and 70 DW ( got it brand new). I recently ( within a month ) went to the bow shop and had the serving on the lower cam redone. While in the shop with the bow tech ( been working on my bow for years ) he asked me if I had the limbs backed out on purpose. I told him no and I had never touched the limb bolts since i got it so he snugged the top and bottom down. Every since right before I get the full draw and the stop makes contact there is fairly loud click. I was trying to see if anyone else may have ever had this issue with a bow and to see if I should maybe back the bolts out a turn and then tighten them back up but not crank down on them really hard. Thanks in advance guys for any answers you may can give me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a PSE evo max. I had a click just like you describe. It turns out a little screw in the module on the came had came loose. The little red piece was moving and making a clicking sound almost at full draw. A little lock tite and fastening it back in position was all it took. That was 2 years ago, no noise since.

Good luck!

3. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not familiar with your cam design, but I had a similar click on my Premonition HD, but I later realized that I had put my cable stop on the wrong side of the cam. Thus, it never contacted the cable, and I was drawing slightly past my draw length. I know he probably didn't change your stops, but your serving change could have an ever so slight affect on the final draw length and where the stops contact (or not).

4. pinn6

pinn6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    when i first got my pro defiant i was playing with changing the draw length and such. and i started to notice a clicking sound when i would come to full draw. turns out it was just a loose screw in the module. never heard it since. i would check all the screws and bolts in the cam. good place to start anyway.