Prep of vanes

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Jaberry, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did a search and didnt really see anything on this but should you prep your fusion vanes before installing them on your arrows? Clean them rubbing alcohol or acetone or do they have a chemical on the base to where you shouldnt prep them? Thanks.....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i cant say for that paticular brand but i always clean all components when flecthing arrows just to make sure everything is clean and will give me the best bond possible

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I was shooting Blazers I didn't do anything, just glued them on and they never came off. This year I switched to Q2i Predator vanes because I liked that they lacked the big Bohning/Blazer logos. However twice this year just walking through brush I was able to strip vanes off of my arrows. So they obviously needed prepped. They fly great and look good so if I use them again I will have to change up my routine.

4. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies. I also got a reply back from Q2i on the matter. Here is what they had to say: Hi Joe,
    Thank you for your email. For our vanes you do not need to prep the vane. We do recommend prepping your shaft prior to though.
    Light scuff sand, acetone wipe, air dry then fletch with any super glue type glue (CA Glue).
    Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app