Twisting peep

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Bubby D, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Bubby D

Bubby D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So my peep sight twisted unfortunately in a the stand. I tried on straightening it out last night. I had to turn my d loop about 270 degrees around the string against the twist to get it were it needed to be. I unfortunately could not get it to move with the twist. So I got it straight or somewhat and I am now shooting 6 in low. My bow tech is away this week so I am unsure what to do. Did I mess up the bow or can I resight and get back in the woods. I'd go to another tech but my guy just re strung and tuned this bow to my specs

2. pbrown1988

pbrown1988 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Did your peep slide on you?

3. Ruttin1

Ruttin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If it is off then it must have moved. When you draw to your anchor point can you see through it? Seem in the same place as before? Maybe your site is loose. Shouldn't twist the string that far. Twist it a little bit over and over before each shot and it should line up.....little late for advice I guess. Sorry!

4. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One thing that it could be is the peep like said but also if you twisted your d loop and it move down somewhat then it could be that.

Hutch

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Peep sight most likely moved up a hair.
    Put a half a twist in the string, get your D loop back to the proper position then reset and re tie your peep

6. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had this issue last year - with a twisting peep site. I went and had my bow guy put another string around it. However, this year it started it again - so now I just make it habit to hook my release and turn it out to the right to straighten it then pull back to shoot. Mine, however, when straight was never off. But, if I didn't realize it - I'd be shooting awful - all over - that's because I couldn't see fully out of it and thought it was just my bad eyes, lol.

7. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If your bow was just re-strung the string may have stretched or pulling loose (sure hope not) . Peep moving will change anchor point thus moving where the arrow hits. This would need to be resolved before hunting again.

8. Bubby D

Bubby D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the help. I put about 50 arrows through the bow this evening and I'm back on out to 40 yards and the peep is stable. I had to adjuse my sights everything was low. I am still debating whether to take the bow back to the shop or not. I am unsure if the sight being off was due to the peep being twised changing My anchor point or if I actually remove a twist out of the string when moving my d loop. For what it's worth I'm shooting better now then before this happened.

9. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just rotate it back to center. If that's an option but it sounds like your peep actually moved not rotated

10. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You did not, the only way to remove a twist is put the bow in a press and remove the string from the cam. More than likely your new string is settling and causing the rotation. It also sounds like you moved your peep when you tried to straighten it causing the elevation issues. How is the peep tied in to your string?