NAP Apache micro

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JesseHunts, Oct 3, 2016.

1. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thoughts on this rest ? Pros and cons ? If you have it how long have you had it any problems ?

2. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure about the micro, but I wasn't a big fan of the apache. There are tons of people who love it, it's one of the most popular rests.
    The only thing I don't like about it, is that I prefer to nock the arrow, then lock the fork up. The apache doesn't lock in the upward position. Your arrow is contained, but it's loose to flop around in the containment area, until you draw.

3. bowhuntinpreacher

bowhuntinpreacher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a NAP Apache rest on my obsession bow. I have been having problems with consistency, most of the time hitting low left. I have the hha optimizer sight and have redone the tape and still having the same problem. I thought it might be technique so I went back to basics, working on fundamentals. After continuing to have the same problem I set my bear agenda 6 back up with a whisker biscuit and I am driving tacks with it. Both bows are new and have 6 in brace hight. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be the rest?

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    True, but unless you're conducting an orchestra with your bow it's generally not an issue.

Personally I love the Apache Micro. The only drawback is that it's big and heavy. But that's what you get in a full containment rest that's all metal, built like a tank, and has micro adjustments. Aside from that it's a great rest that's built to last.

5. xxclaro

xxclaro Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you checked for any fletching contact? I had a bit of issue's with that when I set up my old bow, but got it sorted out and got years of flawless performance out of it. Will put another on my new bow if I can find the carbon model somewhere.

6. bowhuntinpreacher

bowhuntinpreacher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. There is no contact, I shoot almost everyday and the felt on the rest is only showing minimal wear in the center from the draw. I talked the guy that sets up my bows and he said it was probably due to string stretch. Thank you for your response

7. jetboysixx

jetboysixx Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Justin,

Which NAP apache do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Hammerin Hank

Hammerin Hank Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had the same issue with contact. Didn't show up on the felt that I could see. Did the lipstick test, and found the contact that way. Rotated my nock to 11 o'clock and problem solved.

9. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 Apache Carbons. My favorite drop-away. One moving part, very quiet, compact and light. I had 3 QADs (HD Ultra?) all with issues/fails. And they were very loud. I don't care for or need the stay up feature. More parts to fail. It needs to be cocked every time you load an arrow. My Apaches goes up when I draw and goes down when I let down. Very simple. Have 2 Code Reds, nice but a little loud. Happy with Apache Carbons.

BUT FWIW I will always have a bow with a Whisker Biscuit on it.

10. bowhuntinpreacher

bowhuntinpreacher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the replies, I found the problem. My center point got shifted somehow and the forks were coming up a little too high which caused it to kick on the shot.