Blazers vs NAP

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by killer chill-r, Sep 21, 2016.

1. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a Easton EZ fletch & some NAP twisters the other day just to fix some of my kids arrows, then thought I'd try them on. Here's what I ran into, twister fletched straight with very slight offset have been running 3 seconds faster through the chrony on all of my bows compared to the Blazers. I can't figure out why. I know 3 seconds isn't much but when your shooting at 254fps with Blazers & then 257fps with NAP it sure looks & feels better. So any ideas on why? Floor is marked 3' from chrony so everything is the same except for the vanes.

2. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fletching weight, is there a twist on the Blazers too ?

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure. How far is your chrono from your bow? Maybe the NAP is lighter in weight, although I doubt it.
    I got 2-3" less penetration and was hitting a little low with NAPs vs. Blazers beyond 30 yds. I contributed that to the extra drag. I don't have a problem with the NAPs but I don't shoot any better with them with any type of broadhead at any distance compared to Blazers, so I stick with the Blazers.

4. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Chrony us 3' from the front of bow. The nap's actually weigh 3gr more than the Blazers, 515gr w/ Blazers, 518gr w/ nap's. I'm not seeing less penetration maybe 1/2" more with the naps.

5. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What rest? You shooting through a biscuit? Are the blazers helical and the NAPs straight offset? That might explain the difference.