Bowtech HELP!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SnaveHD, Sep 10, 2016.

1. SnaveHD

SnaveHD Newb

Dislikes Received:
    New to the forum, never really felt the need to join until now... Recently moved across the country leaving behind my go-to archery shop. My 2008 Bowtech General was in need of new strings, so I took to the internet to find a local shop with a good reputation. After some searching, found one with almost zero negative reviews (hard to do anymore). Took my bow in, they recommended building strings for it so I agreed and left it.
    Two weeks later I go to pick it up, and that's where the issues start. First, the cables were not routed through the roller guard. Not a big deal, they put it in a press and fixed it. Second, one of the cables now runs through the sight when looking through the peep. After about 45 minutes of four different employees trying to figure it out, I offered to shoot it and see what happened. They checked center shot, cam lean, brace height, etc....and then we paper tuned it. When we went to walk back tune, more issues came up. Despite being paper tuned, the walk back was way off. This has never been an issue on this bow before. At this point we decided to go with the walk back tune and call it good.
    I still can't get over seeing a cable in my sight every time I draw, and am worried I might be causing damage to the bow. This image isn't the greatest but it shows what I am describing, if you know what the issue might be I am more than happy to take more pictures if needed. The bow was paper, walk back and broadhead tuned prior to restringing, and no cable was visible in the sight.
    Thanks for reading and hopefully someone out there has come across this before.
    IMG_0255.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  2. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    can you put a full length picture with the cams.. that looks way off to the right which i would say something wasn't routed correctly.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's definitely not right. Best advice I can give you is to take it to a better shop and after they sort out the problem then return to the other one and demand an adjustment in what you paid them to screw it up. If they weren't smart enough to change the string correctly in the first place you have little hope of them ever getting it right. Stop shooting it until it's fixed and you're satisfied with it.

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Need more pics. Where are you located?

5. SnaveHD

SnaveHD Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the responses! I'll definitely be taking it to another shop tomorrow. Here are some pictures of the cams and full length bow. I can't thank you guys enough.
    Full length:
    Bow1.jpg
    Bow2.jpg
    Top cam:
    Bow6.jpg
    Bow4.jpg
    Bottom cam:
    Bow5.jpg
    Bow3.jpg

6. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is that the original or aftermarket cable guard? I have been looking at pictures of admirals and none that i seen looks like that. It seems like it is routed right. Did you get it to a new shop?

Has the string stopper always been on top like that? Some that i looked up were inline with the stabilizer.

7. SnaveHD

SnaveHD Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Took it to a different shop, they went over the bow and said everything checked out. After a couple hundred arrows, the stings have settled and the cable just barely touches the edge of the sight. It's shooting fine and I no longer feel like it might come apart in my hands.
    Somebody asked where I was located and this is why I was hesitant to answer, I didn't want to blow up a shop online when I wasn't sure if anything was in fact screwed up. The shop who originally built the strings is staffed by nice guys, just not a bowtech dealer and hadn't seen this before. Thanks to all who replied!
    Yes the cable guard is factory original and has never been moved. If you google the General this is what they all look like, although it is a terrible location if you shoot with a kisser button.

8. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where is that cable in relation to the cable rollers? If its closest to the outside you might want to try to move it the the inside. It won't move it much but it should move it a little. That might help some. The fact that they originally left the cables out of the cable rollers would have concerned me a lot. But its good you are be cautious and not slamming them.

9. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you look at the 2nd picture and maybe it's just me.
    But the upper limbs look like there twisted/turned to the left a little?
    Riser bent?

10. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you got it figured out.. Good luck this season!!!

11. SnaveHD

SnaveHD Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Likewise! Thanks to all who responded