Twist Bowstring to Align Peep

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Rampaige, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a press because I'd like to start doing all of my own tuning. The local bow shops are good, but they aren't great. My peep and D-Loop are 90-degrees to the left. I'd like to twist the bow string to eliminate this. Are there any adverse effects I can expect to see from twisting the bow string for peep alignment?

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly if it is spun that far you may be able to relax the string and reset the peep without adding or subtracting any twists to get the peep back inline. However it usually it only takes a 1/2 twist and that usually doesn't have any negative affect on your tune.

3. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think it's spun too bad. It doesn't look like it'll take much. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to throw something off. The solution from the shop that works on my bow was to rotate my D Loop so that the peep lined up at draw. But I want it to be lined up all the time. It might not matter but to me that's the proper way.

4. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1/2 twist won't make anything change. More than that could tighten if you twist that way or loosen if u twist opposite, and could make your nocking point high or low

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Half twist shouldn't bother anything.

6. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just remember what you did so you can go back to where you started. For me that means write it down as I go.

Does the peep rotate as you draw? If so twist the bottom of the string the way you what it to turn 1/2 turn. Then shoot it a few time and see. Repeat or go back or the other way.

If peep does not rotate during draw. Turn both ends of the string (1/2 twist at a time) towards the back of the bow to change the direction the peep faces.

Check your timing marks on the cam. If they need to be adjusted the string twist will change that too. Now its the time to get both.

Remember you can always go back to where you started.

7. fairtondoeslayer

fairtondoeslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Those famous zebra strings lol i think they suck personally haha, i have the same problem with my halon already, i think i'm just gonna put another d loop on and line it up with the peep instead of doing any twisting of the strings, once the season is over
    I will be getting a set of 60x strings

8. boilerman

boilerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you have any string silencers above your peep, just raise or lower it some and it will turn your peep. No need to twist string if you have string silencers.