NAP Spitfire XP 125gr

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KiwiBen, Jun 26, 2016.

1. KiwiBen

KiwiBen Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at these broadheads for use on red/fallow deer, tahr and chamois. These heads a good choice or is there something better someone can suggest?

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If I was to go back to a mechanical BH is would be a Spitfire. But with today's quality string material/makers, tunable bows and great flying fixed BHs I won't be. NAP Hellrazors or QAD Exodus on my arrows.

3. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't used that particular Spitfire, but have had awesome success with NAP Spitfire Maxx over the years.

4. Clem

Clem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on the setup, I used these last year with my old bow, and old is an under statement. They were really too big for the bow I hit a deer and caught a rib, managed to cut one rib and both lungs but did get much further than that and was really lucky to find that deer without an exit hole.

Two bladed heads have better chance of clearing a rib and seem to split bone easier than the same cutting diameter three bladed heads.

My thoughts are if you are shooting a good bow at 60-70lbs and have nice heavy arrows three blades are great otherwise two is a bit safer.